Bonaire Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure I'd call it total valet service (no switching of your gear or tanks) but the Buddy Team did a great job with a group of older divers during our last trip. They only did boat dives. I believe they were a group of 6, the youngest was 79, the older ones 83. The staff was very accomodating in assisting on and off boats, gearing up and off and making sure the briefing was heard by all.

I was impressed Buddy was also quick to add additional boats when required. We were there during Spring Break (didn't realize it) and they had every boat up and out multiple times, adding to the schedule during peak. The crews have always been very nice and helpful.

Mostly we shore dive but have made a few boat dives with Divi. We always had a great time and thought they did a great job.
Tom

Just returned a couple weeks ago from Bonaire. I was at Capt Don's Max was our DM. We were very pleased with Max. They had a 8:30, 11:00, and 2:00 boat dive, put your equipment on at 8 dive 3 dives then take it off after the last dive. It doesn't get much better than that. DM found frog fish, seahorses, and a lot of other stuff that I would never found. Have a great time in Bonaire.

Most of the boats do single tank dives. They run out, drop you for a set time, pick you up, then back to the dock, all by the clock. My best experiences were with Buddy and Divi. That said, I did not have bad experiences with any others.

If you're at all adventure minded, book a trip to the wild side, but check the weather first. The boat ride is sort of like running whitewater. If the wind is up, climbing back on the boat will be challenging.

You can supplement your boat dives with shore diving at the house reef wherever you stay. They all offer docks, stairs and/or sand beach entries.

Front Porch and Playa Pabou (the shore entry south of Something Special) and Windsock all are sand beach entries, with close to the shore parking.

It's ok to not like iron shore. Doing a face plant on rocks, fully geared up, could ruin your whole vacation.

Don't go with Bonaire Dive and Adventure. Not what I consider "valet diving" and the boats are small and feel crowded.

I agree with you for the boat diving and the gear room and Nitrox hrs. Try the 3tank park trip with buddy dive:shocked2:I hear it is a blast! For $109 you are in the park all day, Lunch lemonade and water and great diving. The boat leaves at 8:30 returns at 4;30. time to come back clean up eat, and do another dive.

Back
Top Bottom