Bonaire August 2009 photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOVE the red frogfish! Thought I was doing good finding the bright yellow one at Something Special. Never could find the seahorse there. Gorgeous squid and yellowhead jawfish.

LOVE the red frogfish! Thought I was doing good finding the bright yellow one at Something Special. Never could find the seahorse there. Gorgeous squid and yellowhead jawfish.

thanks.:D
did you find the yellow frogfish in the tire?
the seahorse is way over by the stone jetty near the harbor

my yellow frogfish was just sitting on a rock, past the opening to the harbor. The B&B owner said that a seahorse lives under a sailboat with a blue bottom--couldn't figure out which boat.

Attachments

• IMG_3457_2.jpg
    IMG_3457_2.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 41
my yellow frogfish was just sitting on a rock, past the opening to the harbor. The B&B owner said that a seahorse lives under a sailboat with a blue bottom--couldn't figure out which boat.

nice shots:D
We didn't see that one.
the seahorse we did find at something special was in the muck
we dove from the something special entrance to just about
the harbour village. 100 minute dive. that is where we found the
seahorse
are you on Bonaire currently

Thanks for sharing your great photos. Going back 12/26 for 2 weeks and our 5th time
to Bonaire. There is no place like Bonaire. Writing from Rivera Maya Mexico and going out on a boat dive tomorrow. Snorkeled today in Akumel. Hardly any fish but saw a lot of turtles in the vegatation only about 4-5 feet deep. some squid, 1 parrot fish, 1 trumpet fish and a few Sgt.Majors. Very disappointing.
I'm so spoiled with all the great diving sites in Bonaire and snorkeling. There is no place I'd rather be. Was in Bonaire in June for 2 weeks and stayed at the Golden Reef Inn. Used Wanna Dive for our tanks. great operation.
Again, thanks for the shots and Happy Diving to All!!!
Barb & Rick

Bonaire is great:D
And you won't have to worry about lack of fish in Bonaire
I do fish surveys for REEF, and only one dive did
I have less than 90 different fish species, and two over
100 species. and lots of squid.
we saw a school of 35 at one site:D
have fun on your trip to bonaire and the one you are on now
matt

We have been 5 times the plaza is expensive, if you have a large group it's cheaper to rent a townhouse thru re max then rent your tanks and truck from buddy dive. If your going just with your buddy the Caribbean club has the best prices, not real fancy but I don't need that. They are associated with buddy dive so you get the old trucks.They have tanks there and you can also use buddy dive drive thur,which is nice they more centrally located.
The Caribbean club is located by oil slick,up north.
Buddy dive cost's a little more but if you like some night life this is a better choice.
We have stayed there twice,their staff is friendly and professional.
We are going back in december,try to go every 6 months.

4617427]Beautiful photos.

I am heading down in November for trips #6 and am always interested in comments on lodging. Where did you stay?[/QUOTE]

We have been 5 times the plaza is expensive, if you have a large group it's cheaper to rent a townhouse thru re max then rent your tanks and truck from buddy dive. If your going just with your buddy the Caribbean club has the best prices, not real fancy but I don't need that. They are associated with buddy dive so you get the old trucks.They have tanks there and you can also use buddy dive drive thur,which is nice they more centrally located.
The Caribbean club is located by oil slick,up north.
Buddy dive cost's a little more but if you like some night life this is a better choice.
We have stayed there twice,their staff is friendly and professional.
We are going back in december,try to go every 6 months.

4617427]Beautiful photos.

I am heading down in November for trips #6 and am always interested in comments on lodging. Where did you stay?
[/QUOTE]

we used to stay at plaza but golden reef is much cheaper. bit it doesnt havea shore dive and sometimes it can be very quiet

Back
Top Bottom