Bonaire August 2009 photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is this confirmed that they are there i am staying at golden reef right now as im typing this and would like to dive to look for one tomorrow (friday) my last day to check one out if some one can plz let me no a depth to look at for this yellow frog fish hanging out there.

if you go to the right when you get in at something special,
swim shallow over all the rubble, and then the bottom dips
down to a sandy bottom. the froggie it was at a depth of 17 feet.
the frogfish was actually inside a old torn tire. right where the big boulders
come to a point is where the tire is. If you can't find a tire,
look for an octopus burrow at the same depth. crab shells and etc mark
the burrow. if you find the burrow, 5 feet to the north is the frogfish tire.
sorry I can't give you better directions.:depressed:
hope this helps any way and good luck
sully

man i tired all over that place today ... soo many tires but i did see a octo at the bottom of the reef it was worth a try i may try to snorkel it tomorrow to try and find it if not it gives me a reason to come back

man i tired all over that place today ... soo many tires but i did see a octo at the bottom of the reef it was worth a try i may try to snorkel it tomorrow to try and find it if not it gives me a reason to come back

sorry man,
glad you saw the octo though.
hope you have some luck snorkelling.
there are some cool things even snorkeling at something special
we snorkeled after our dives, and saw turtles
eagle rays, tarpon, stippled clingfish,
and some cool nudis.

Sully, fantastic pictures. I see you got one at Town Pier. Have they reopened it to diving? It was still closed when we were there in June and it did not sound good to get reopened soon. We are going back in October and are excited to dive it if open.

Sully, fantastic pictures. I see you got one at Town Pier. Have they reopened it to diving? It was still closed when we were there in June and it did not sound good to get reopened soon. We are going back in October and are excited to dive it if open.

sorry to disappoint, the moray snuck in there.
that is from an earlier trip. town pier was still closed
when we were there.

BUt.....one of the divemasters we know down therre said they
were supposed to be wrapping up repairs relatively soon, so it might
be back open by October
matt

just flew out yesterday ... the town pier is still closed but there was a pair of sea horses at wanna dive windsock and saw two octo's then on another dive at the same spot saw one octo eat the other and a eel tried to run off with the kill ... it was kinda nuts

Way cool. We're staying at Windsock in October for the first time. Now we'll look forward to diving there.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Back to BON soon - but never soon enough !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom