Trip Report Bonaire: April 9-24, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....I am off to Fiji in less than 3 weeks.
You have just done one and is off again in 3 wks time!!!
I am still stuck in HK since Mar 2020. Non HK resident is allowed to enter from 1st May(first time in 2 yrs) but still need to be quarantine for 7 days(same applies to local) in a hotel(own expenses).
5J have cheap flight to MNL(US$850.00 basic fare) for next yr but I dare to buy it.

Enjoy your trip to Fiji and be careful about the Tiger shark.

Right before the Covid shutdown in Feb 2020, I was checked at Oil Slick by a STINAPA rep. Printed copy from online transaction was in glove compartment, no problem. I don't think he was actively out & about checking, he had just gone there to dump lionfish carcasses.
Yeah-- They have a big office right there by Oil Slick-- sure would be nice if they would replace that missing bottom rung on the ladder that has been missing for over 2 years- not having it makes exiting on that ladder considerably more challenging. Maybe that is not something they spend our annual park pass money on though?

You have just done one and is off again in 3 wks time!!!
I am still stuck in HK since Mar 2020. Non HK resident is allowed to enter from 1st May(first time in 2 yrs) but still need to be quarantine for 7 days(same applies to local) in a hotel(own expenses).
5J have cheap flight to MNL(US$850.00 basic fare) for next yr but I dare to buy it.

Enjoy your trip to Fiji and be careful about the Tiger shark.
I feel for you! Hang in there!
I have a trip on the books to go back to the Philippines next November (2023). A week in Puerto Galera and a week in Dumaguete. With same group that I am going to Fiji with.

44 dives!
wow

Great report @Trailboss123 . Loved the pics - Go XDeep! Looking forward to your Taveuni report - spent a week there in 2012 at the Nakia Resort and dived with Taveuni Ocean Sports; fantastic trip.

Sidemount diver just showed up out of nowhere. My wife actually took that photo. He was coming south from the direction of Invisibles. We were diving that unmarked dive site that I mentioned back in 2019 that is between Invisibles and Tori's Reef, which @Soloist coined Trailboss Reef and I recall he photo shopped a cool looking yellow rock with Trailboss written on it- LOL!
Locals refer to the dive site as The Rock- due to the big rock looking island sitting between the first and 2nd reefs.
071C4E41-EBFA-4E97-97EE-2E4C06F5E6EF.jpeg

WHAT??? Three frogfish, one picture, awesome! Great report, sounds like the strange weather pattern we saw in mid-end March has persisted - strange currents, strange winds, low viz, lots of rain.

WHAT??? Three frogfish, one picture, awesome! Great report, sounds like the strange weather pattern we saw in mid-end March has persisted - strange currents, strange winds, low viz, lots of rain.
You summed the weather up succinctly!

You summed the weather up succinctly!
Where did you do your COVID test to get back home to the states? Did you use any trip insurance in case you tested positive and had to quarantine?

We're heading to Bonaire in July for two weeks and are very nervous about testing to return home. We had a bad experience in Roatan in January where we tested positive and got stuck in quarantine for 10 days.

The Covid testing place is right across the street from the airport. It's very convenient.

We just wrapped up our 10-day vacation, flying tomorrow and all 6 in my party tested negative for Covid. We were originally booked the first week of February and decided to reschedule to May. Glad we did because Omicron was raging in Jan/Feb making an international trip risky business.

BTW, we all continue to wear N95 masks on the plane. I've gotten so used to being healthy that it's a small inconvenience that works well for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom