Bonaire Airfare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drjchill

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is going on with airfare to Bonaire? I am going in early April 2008 and can only find two flights (one arrives at around 0600 on Saturday and the other at 2100 (est)). I have been to Bonaire on three prior occasions and I do not recall air issues.

There's a new Delta flight out of Atlanta starting in February that you could maybe connect with. But it's a 10AM departure.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ab...y-non-stop-bonaire-starting-feb-9-2008-a.html

Other than that there's the Continental red-eye's out of either Newark or Houston or the AA San Juan connection that arrives on Bonaire at night. One other option is fly to Aruba and then fly DAE (Dutch Antilles Express) over to Bonaire, it's around $100 r/t or so.

later edit: Oops. it's around $200 r/t to Bonaire.

If you are looking at Continental...when you look for a flight you need to be sure to put in a Saturday departure date at it leaves at 11.55 pm (arriving 5.50 am on Sunday) and a return on a Sunday. Also, from Houston, you have to do a Friday departure date (leaves around 11.30 pm I think) and do a Saturday return.

Also, Steve, the RT from Aruba actually runs around $200 RT and around $100.00 RT from Curacao.

Good luck!

Liz

If you are looking at Continental...when you look for a flight you need to be sure to put in a Saturday departure date at it leaves at 11.55 pm (arriving 5.50 am on Sunday) and a return on a Sunday. Also, from Houston, you have to do a Friday departure date (leaves around 11.30 pm I think) and do a Saturday return.

Also, Steve, the RT from Aruba actually runs around $200 RT and around $100.00 RT from Curacao.

Good luck!

Liz
Just booked mine yesterday for January. Here we come....

Thanks...I never had this many issues getting to Bonaire. Hopefully, the pending Delta flight will actually work.

Air Jamaica also flys there, through MTB, from several US cities. If you fly CO, it leaves BON early Sat morning, so you loose both Friday and Saturday as dive days. If you fly American via Puerto Rico, you have weight restrictions, as does the local commuter from Curacao.

When I use Travelocity, Orbitz, or Expedia, I use 11:00 PM on Friday night as the start, and then also run it as 1:00 AM on Sat morning. You will get quite different results, depending on where you are departing from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom