Bombs in the Sinai !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mania your english is perfect and everybody knows this. I do really respect you for respecting Isalm and muslim people :yelclap:. It doesnt matter whats your religion, the important thing is to respect other religions. Realy its an honor to know someone like you.

Save this board from political discussion because this is not a place for that.

Regarding history lessons, do some reading on this subject from different sources. You'll be amazed how different perception of these events people have.

Let's get this thread back on topic, folks.

In the last few days I've seen last-minute trips to Sharm (flight from/to Amsterdam & hotel) for as little as 171 euro where you would expect to pay at least 350. I can´t help wondering if the bombings have anything to do with this.

Anyway, I´m, like, there, dude! :wink: We´ll be leaving on sunday evening for a week of glorious diving around sunny Sharm el Sheikh. Anyone here who knows the lowdown on the visa requirements? I´m told you don´t need to buy one if you don´t leave the Sinai (i.e. skip diving Ras Mohammed), but of course they´ll try to force one on us at the airport anyway.

Although everyone was polite enough to try to resolve the inappropriate discussions ... which I appreciate ... they have no place on ScubaBoard. I, personally, viewed some of what was said to be offensive to those of our readers who are of Muslim faith, or are from the areas under discussion.

For this reason, I have pruned the digression and its responses from this thread. If anyone has any issues with how I've edited your posts, please PM me.

Thanks, and carry on with what has otherwise been a pleasant and informative discussion ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ArthurGerla:
Let's get this thread back on topic, folks.

In the last few days I've seen last-minute trips to Sharm (flight from/to Amsterdam & hotel) for as little as 171 euro where you would expect to pay at least 350. I can´t help wondering if the bombings have anything to do with this.

Anyway, I´m, like, there, dude! :wink: We´ll be leaving on sunday evening for a week of glorious diving around sunny Sharm el Sheikh. Anyone here who knows the lowdown on the visa requirements? I´m told you don´t need to buy one if you don´t leave the Sinai (i.e. skip diving Ras Mohammed), but of course they´ll try to force one on us at the airport anyway.
Yes there is something as Sinai only (and it's for free) but to be honest - visa costs 15 US$. Without it you can't dive neither Ras Mohammad nor Tiran. So you are only left with local dives which sometimes are boring.
Mania

I paid the $15 even though we only stayed within the hotel for the 2 weeks - it was nice to have another couple of stamps for the passport :wink:

chippy:
I paid the $15 even though we only stayed within the hotel for the 2 weeks - it was nice to have another couple of stamps for the passport :wink:
I have plenty of them and...the immigration officer at the Dublin International Airport was lately looking very suspiciously at me. My passport has only Egypt and the US visas :wink:
Had to tell him that I'm a diver and I go there diving and then he relaxed a bit....
Mania
PS. Chippy you still owes us the trip report!!!!!!!

mania:
I have plenty of them and...the immigration officer at the Dublin International Airport was lately looking very suspiciously at me. My passport has only Egypt and the US visas :wink:

I had Libyan visa in my old passport :wink: I know this feeling "beeing suspicious".

Back
Top Bottom