Bolt snaps for cold water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to avoid putting the smallest sized snaps on anything besides my backup lights.

Smallest for me goes every few inches on the long bit of string I have in my pockets so I can pull everything out of the pocket and unclip what I need without dropping anything into that lost gear locker abyss place

but big with a big skinny ring in the shape of a D for a finger for stages and biggest for double enders

and for torches it's big but with a really small ring elongated oval thing
Medium size is really the minimum.

and I would just weld on a blob if I wanted a bigger thumb thing

Is it common for people who dive in cold waters to use larger bolt snaps for their decompression stages? I use the standard bolt snaps on all my decompression bottles and while clipping and unclipping the stages seems quite simple without gloves in warm waters, try that with thick, cold water wet gloves and it may take some practice... or bigger bolt snaps on the deco bottle.

been using the 1 1/4" snaps for years, never had an issue and cant beat his price
https://www.nixdogcollars.com/page3

We use 105mm DirZone boltsnaps - really comfortable for stage rigging - big "eye" for fingers in dry gloves and rather small opening to reduce accidental fastening of the one snap into another
1188892.jpg

+1 on the xDeep bolt snaps. I use the small ones and they're easy enough with thick gloves. The large ones might look too much like cheating to some. :wink:

Got my XDeep boltsnaps today, the normal ones are great but the double enders are utter crap. One end of both clips are that rough and notchy they're unusable :mad:
6383F09A-DE05-41E2-B897-29304A4DEF0C.jpeg

try running a pencil up and down inside the groove to lubricate it
Not that that may not work... But one shouldn't have to lubricate brand new equipment, especially when it comes at a premium like x-deep... So I understand the frustration

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom