bolt snap on the neck of the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cord loop only, snug around the tank neck. Double-enders stowed away (multiple potential uses). No bolt-snap permanently on the tank neck. Add double-ender when necessary (entrances/exits and bungee failures).

Yes I do for OW diving, seashore entering must be and more confort under your armpit
1623062d344e90f8180379c3bf3eb535.jpg

Cord loop only, snug around the tank neck. Double-enders stowed away (multiple potential uses). No bolt-snap permanently on the tank neck. Add double-ender when necessary (entrances/exits and bungee failures).
+1 This is how I do it.... gives the advantage when you need it, when walking to and from an entry/exit.... in the water they're not needed, so stow away and let the bungee do it's job!

If I'm chucking myself off the side of a boat or walking whilst geared up i'll do this. Aside from that I don't bother.

If I was using bigger cylinders (15L +, sorry imperial users!) then i'd look into something more permanent.

If I'm chucking myself off the side of a boat or walking whilst geared up i'll do this. Aside from that I don't bother.

Yep, same for me. It's much easier to don cylinders in the water (no bolt-snap reqd)... but there are occasions when the boat type or water conditions make it prudent to enter with cylinders on. That's where I'll use double-enders.

Those double-enders are also there to provide an instant remedy to bungee failure or to replace a failed lower cylinder bolt-snap. And all the other things double-enders are great for...

I always use bolt snaps on the neck. Always doing rough seas boat dives so I just hop in and wrap my bungee under water. Loops are long enough they have no effect on trim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom