Bohol Diver's Resort and Club....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just a little note to let folks know....

We just stayed at the accom (Bohol Diver's Resort) here for 14 days and although nothing swish and probably not really value for money if you are only taking into account the room itself, it was comfortable enough BUT and the BIG BUT is that the staff make up for any shortfalls in the accom and the pricing with their friendly and fun attitude. They are nothing short of awesome, obliging, smiling, loving people! If you pay for what you get, we paid a whole lot less and got the best with those staff! That is where the value was for us.

As for the Bohol Diver's Club...

We dived with them 10 times and although we have our own gear, we noticed that the hire equipment is nothing short of top notch. Certainly no wondering about whether the gear will get you through the dive here! What is more, the Dive Guides are truly rockin folk, with a true love for their area and knowledge of it coming out their ears. The boat guys and the service they provide is nothing short of hilarious and sensational and the secretary who looks after the office and all the day to day bookings will happily join you for a beer and a laugh when she finishes work!

In honesty, the feel of this place is as great as the critters you get to see on the dives with the Club so full recommendations coming here from a particularly satisfied diver!

Yep - The Dive Op there is spot on, we were there a few weeks back and thought the room was average, sadly food was sadly pretty bad but the rest was great!

Location wise it's also hand as there is less 'people traffic' passing through there too, the Isis Bungalows Thai is literally a few metres away and does great Thai food at great prices.....

How was the viz? It was little 'cloudy' a few weeks back :(

Karl

I was in Cabilao, Bohol in October 2009, and I don't remember seeing this resort over at that area as I made sure I visited the 4 resorts there. It has been about 3 years since I was in Panglao/Alona Beach, Bohol so is this where the Bohol Diver's Resort is?

I was in Cabilao, Bohol in October 2009, and I don't remember seeing this resort over at that area as I made sure I visited the 4 resorts there. It has been about 3 years since I was in Panglao/Alona Beach, Bohol so is this where the Bohol Diver's Resort is?

Yep - it's one of the last resorts on the main Alona strip, slightly closed off as you need to walk along the beach (or jump/climb round the side of the wall) so it's not easy spot from the beach - much easier from the sea!

Karl

Just a little note to let folks know....

We just stayed at the accom (Bohol Diver's Resort) here for 14 days and although nothing swish and probably not really value for money if you are only taking into account the room itself, it was comfortable enough BUT and the BIG BUT is that the staff make up for any shortfalls in the accom and the pricing with their friendly and fun attitude. They are nothing short of awesome, obliging, smiling, loving people! If you pay for what you get, we paid a whole lot less and got the best with those staff! That is where the value was for us.

As for the Bohol Diver's Club...

We dived with them 10 times and although we have our own gear, we noticed that the hire equipment is nothing short of top notch. Certainly no wondering about whether the gear will get you through the dive here! What is more, the Dive Guides are truly rockin folk, with a true love for their area and knowledge of it coming out their ears. The boat guys and the service they provide is nothing short of hilarious and sensational and the secretary who looks after the office and all the day to day bookings will happily join you for a beer and a laugh when she finishes work!

In honesty, the feel of this place is as great as the critters you get to see on the dives with the Club so full recommendations coming here from a particularly satisfied diver!

I agree. Staff are great! Who was your DM?

yes, he lets you play around some more in the grass/small coral heads till your air is around 100 psi :D you know, that one I-need-to-get-this-last-shot before ending the dive....

ps - I guess he didn't move with Holger to Bohol Fun Divers over in the Lost Horizon Area.

yes, he lets you play around some more in the grass/small coral heads till your air is around 100 psi :D you know, that one I-need-to-get-this-last-shot before ending the dive....

ps - I guess he didn't move with Holger to Bohol Fun Divers over in the Lost Horizon Area.

Yep - definately the same guy, sadly I was at the bottom of Arco Point/Hole in the Wall with just under 30 bar when I got my last picture of a white frog fish - sadly I also managed to get 7 minutes of Deco time :shakehead:

I actually thought the sandy bottom at the top of the walls in Alona were better than a lot of the walls themselves - and that's not saying the walls were bad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom