Bohol/Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rumblefish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'll be going to Bohol and Cebu from May 28 - June 19 and was wondering if anyone can recommend which wetsuit to bring. I think a 3mm full would probably be ok but do you think I could get away with just a 2-3mm shorty?

Thanks

You should be fine with the shorty - I did most of my dives there around the same time last year in just board shorts and a rash vest. - The temparature will be fine, only thing you might want to consider is protection from stings - I had a couple jellyfish stings hit me

go with a full 3mm to be on the safe side and also if you plan on doing a lot of dives per day + nite dives. Also, helps from those nasty accidental stings... jellies, etc...

edit: I just remembered, on some of my dives in Cabilao, we hit some pretty cold thermoclines...

go with the full 3mm suit. remember, the suit is not just to prevent hypothermia, it is to prevent stings, and scrapes. the shortie will let you do one or two dives a day, but yuo may get cold after a week of two dive days. the 3mm full suit will help you enjoy every dive for your entire trip.

I was in Cabilao after Pak and used a 3/2 full. I never wear a shorty anymore since a nasty leg infection and a trip to the hospital with a very high fever in Palau...

was that after that Palauan girl of ill repute bit your leg?

rumblefish:
Hi All,

I'll be going to Bohol and Cebu from May 28 - June 19 and was wondering if anyone can recommend which wetsuit to bring. I think a 3mm full would probably be ok but do you think I could get away with just a 2-3mm shorty?

Thanks

2-3mm full wetsuit are the best, not for the warmth (80 degrees water temp.) but to prevent cuts from the coral and don't forget the gloves, work gloves will do fine.

I use to buy the close out full size windsurfing Body Glove 3mm wetsuit from Dive an Surf in Southern Ca. (around $80) it makes a great gift for the Filipino Dive Guide after the dive trip is over. It beats taking all the gear back home to sit in the closet.

After summer Walmart will be selling them for much less during clearance ($25).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom