bogrady achieves Swamper-dom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Inspired by NadMat’s recent success - and thanks to a last minute call from Mack Diver over the Labor Day Weekend – I finally achieved official Swamper status! Monday – Windy Point public side with Mack and Mike from the shop.

Thanks Mack for inviting me along. When do the groupies start showing up?

Congrats Bo...

When were ya'll out there? I dove there with JessH and his friend Kjeld from the Netherlands on Monday late in the day, got out there sometime after 4. Did a little 'practice' trash pick up while diving along the N side of the new 'point'. The Swamper Clan grows and grows :)

Look forward to meeting you at the Trash Fest

Oh man - sorry I missed you.

We got out there about 11:30. Mack, Mike and I did the first dive as a trio (first time for me in a triple). Mack left and Mike and I did the second dive around 1:30. I was gone by 3:30, but Mike and his family and friends stayed. You might have seen them under a blue awning close to the water.

We just mappped where all the trash was so we could get credit for it on Sunday - I hope you didn't clean up too much ! :D

bogrady:
Oh man - sorry I missed you.

We got out there about 11:30. Mack, Mike and I did the first dive as a trio (first time for me in a triple). Mack left and Mike and I did the second dive around 1:30. I was gone by 3:30, but Mike and his family and friends stayed. You might have seen them under a blue awning close to the water.

We just mappped where all the trash was so we could get credit for it on Sunday - I hope you didn't clean up too much ! :D

Only picked up one bottle, one can, and one plastic cup, had to give the huge pocket on the QD a test run and practice my 'technique' for next week :D

But saw several cups blow across the point and into water, and with the monday crowds still there as we left, I'm sure we'll have plenty to replace them. I think I did see the blue ez-up down by the water as we arrived. We were late getting out and in a hurry to get wet, so were all about gearing up and getting in water. Waded out into the muck and made our dive plan, and other than half my snorkle going missing(was stuck into pocket in 2 pieces and I had forgot about it, and think it fell out when pulled out light and didn't immediatly rezip pocket) was great dive, and also now have one other thing to recover off of bottom on this sunday(hopefully).

Congratulations! Looking forward to diving with you some time.

Frank, are those the same sirens that keep convincing me to spend money on scuba stuff? My wife says, '... at least she knows who my mistress is.'

Willie

Congratulations, bo! I've just added both you and Mack to the Austin roster...

Alright!!!!!!!!

NadMat:
Only picked up one bottle, one can, and one plastic cup, had to give the huge pocket on the QD a test run and practice my 'technique' for next week :D

But saw several cups blow across the point and into water, and with the monday crowds still there as we left, I'm sure we'll have plenty to replace them. I think I did see the blue ez-up down by the water as we arrived. We were late getting out and in a hurry to get wet, so were all about gearing up and getting in water. Waded out into the muck and made our dive plan, and other than half my snorkle going missing(was stuck into pocket in 2 pieces and I had forgot about it, and think it fell out when pulled out light and didn't immediatly rezip pocket) was great dive, and also now have one other thing to recover off of bottom on this sunday(hopefully).

Aw man! That cup was specially placed there to make sure we had trash to clean up. Thank goodness some more blew in. I might have to bring a few bags of trash from the shop so we can get credit for cleaning something LOL. Can somebody bring an old dishwasher or something? We get credit for most unusual item found!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom