• 18.6 - 24.9 Healthy weight

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • 25.0 - 29.9 Overweight

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • > 30.0 Pleasantly plump

Votes: 18 17.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently 32.2 according to this chart but when I did my HSE medical 2 years ago the doctor took one look at me and the results of my fitness test and said something along the lines of "don't worry too much - this indicator is pretty useless"

Could do with losing a chin or two though!

And I really am fitter than I look!!

Jonathan

Maybe I don't need that diet after all :D

Amanda once bubbled...

Maybe I don't need that diet after all :D

You don't need to diet at all Amanda...

My BMI -- last time someone took the calipers to me -- was 21.something. My guess is that now it`s about 23... and I am not in as good shape as that would indicate! HAHAHAHAHA

DD

Completely agree with some of the above posts. BMI is a basic index to tell couch potatoes to stop munching on twinkies. Muscle is heavier than fat, so body weight doesn't mean much.

Most people who starve themselves as a way to lose weight lose their muscle mass. It may look good on the scale and the clothes will fit nicely, but the fat will still be there...

Yep I'm Fat 33.7

The years of Mt Dew, donuts, bagels and sitten behind a desk have caught up but I'm working on it. I have lost 40 Lbs in the last 5 mo and contenue to lose. I also have joined a gym and started working out both weight training as well as cardio. I will say though I'm not worried about how I look but because I want to be a better diver.

Geek

wheezy once bubbled...
What a JOKE... according to this BMI calculator I'm overweight...

BMI of 25.5

Uhhh ya... o.k.
Wait till you pass 30! Like Victoriawtx you'll have to work really hard to stay in shape!

Its called middle aged contentment.

Don't even think about what happens when you're over 50 and cannot be bothered! :rolleyes:

Somewhere around 1998, the official interpretation of BMI numbers was changed. Prior to that a BMI up to 28 or 29 was considered normal.

Then -- whoosh! -- overnight the numbers changed and millions of formerly normal weight Americans became fat.

DM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom