Body Glove Snorkel and Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking a Scuba Class soon, I previously took one about 10 or so years ago but never did my check out dives.

Is there really a difference between these Body Glove Snorkel/Mask Sets at the Sports Store that cost 60 bucks compared to the ones at the Scuba place that cost 70 bucks just for the mask?

For instance I just purchased this:

http://www.bodyglovesnorkeling.com/product%20pages/combo/combo_outlook.html

It listed as professional silicone with tempered glass that meet ANSI standard.

I started diving with with a Body Glove mask snorkel set I purchased from Sam's club about 6 years ago. It worked perfectly, I have since updated to a Cressi Matrix mask and use the Body Glove as a backup. The snorkel is still the only snorkel I use, but I only use a snorkel when I am taking a class. I think I paid 29.00 dollars for the set 6 years ago.

I'm sorry just would not trust the stuff Wetsuits yes equipment no way thats just me. I like my scuba pro mask snorkel and fins

Since the mask is tempered glass, if fits properly then it should be fine. (There's many threads to be found here on how to make sure a mask fits.) It's possible the silicone isn't as good a quality, like a little stiffer than some high end masks or more prone to stiffen up over time, or maybe not, who knows. (There's no meaning to "professional silicone." The snorkel will be fine.

If you were looking at fins from a snorkeling set that would be another matter. A lot of those aren't really suitable for diving.

Thanks for the info. I actually have some US Diver fins I was going to use (used them with my old class like 10 years ago) but I'm thinking of upgrading. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom