Body for Life Challenge I (12 weeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice Bry - youre maintaining what you have lost already!

well done and keep going!!!!

Thanks! :D

I actually lost 3 pounds last week, which helped make up for the doldrums of week 2.

OK, guys, you've got another partner in this. Count me in. I had my body fat checked a few weeks ago and the results are hanging on the fridge (29%) :11:. They will check again on April 12, so I have something to shoot for. I did my kickboxing class on Mon. and Stair machine tonight. I'll weigh myself before going to bed and post it tomorrow.
Joe

Hi Joe!

Welcome to the challenge! Wow, kickboxing and the stair machine... sounds like an excellent start!

Okay, I've been a bit busy. Here's the recipe:
Rosemary Chicken
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
3 Tbsp fresh rosemay (diveded
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 gloves of garlic, minced
4 portions of chicken breast (about 1#)
1 1/2 c of water
1 c. plain couscous
1 # broccoli florets
2 Tbsp pine nuts (note: use toasted ones, not raw)
1 lemon, halved.

In pie plate - mix vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp of fresh rosemary, pepper and garlic. Add chicken, turn to coat. Lightly coat large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 6 minutes, then turn, cook until no longer pink in the middle. (Note, the recipe says this should be about another 6 minutes. Unless you cover the chicken with a lid, this time will be longer).

CousCous - in medium saucepan - combine water and remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff before serving.

Broccoli - place in baking dish with 2 Tbsp of water. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir and then return to microwave until tender-crisp. About another 4 minutes.

Slice cooked chicken, place 1 portion of couscous on plate and put sliced chicken on top with 1 serving of broccoli on the side. Top each with 1/4 of the pine nuts, remaining rosemary and a squeeze of lemon.

Servings: 4
Prep time: 25 minutes

Enjoy!

There is nothing in the recipe that indicates an alternate starch. However, you might be able to do something else - carrots or small baked potato. I will try to remember to check the book re: substitutions this evening when I am home. :) If you dont hear back from me - send me a pm or something.

And what's the matter? a couscous hater?!!? :D

Well, after an overnight ice-fishing trip with the boys on Sat. and Super Bowl party on Sunday, Monday morning was looking pretty bleak! :11: I redeemed myself and worked out hard the last three days and am down 1.4 lbs. since last Thurs. Woo hoo!:D

Joe

Back
Top Bottom