'Bodies' exhibit opens 6/14 at Ala Moana Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Just thought I'd give a heads up, to those that might be interested, that the Bodies Exhibit will be on display, here on Oahu, from June 14, 2008-January 18, 2009.

My wife and I saw it a few years back in Chicago while there for some Great Lakes Diving. It's really an awesome exhibit. There is a morbid fascination with it I think though. It's definitely blurring the lines of science and art.

They have one in Wichita right now. I haven't decided if I want to go or not, my wife wants too.

We went to the one in Las Vegas twice. It was definitely worth it to us.

This is an awesome exhibition. I've been to two of them in Japan and I'm actually excited it is here. I was never able to buy one of the books for myself because they were all in Japanese. They didn't plan on any 'gaijin' showing up maybe.

My advice if it is your first time, go between meals. If you go just before lunch, you won't want to eat. If you go right after lunch, whoa.

It is well worth going. Ever tear a ligament? Break a bone? Pull a muscle? Now you can really see where everything is.

I gotta go.

It's definitely blurring the lines of science and art.

I didn't get the art part. It's like saying Karen Finley blurred the line between sadomasochistic exhibitionism and agri-culture.

Give yourself at least 3 hours to slowly move through the exhibit. They tell you it takes about an hour, but we rushed through it in 2 hours the first time because we had a show to catch. We went back to go through it a second time with visiting family and to see the exhibit in more depth. Also, don't waist your money on the talking tour headphones. They basically read everything you can read on the displays. It's not worth the extra $5. Finally, my favorite room was the cardiovascular room. It simply amazes me that they were able to fill the arteries, veins, etc, and pull away all the rest of the body's tissues leaving only the vessels!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom