Boca grande diving guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattyv

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone up for diving boca grande area Monday or tues may 13th or 14th?! My brother and I are down from Tampa staying on palm island. Out boat and ga(and beer!)your knowledge if the area.

I love Boca Grande--just not for the diving. Lots and lots of sand in 10 feet of water. There is a small reef that runs off the light house and you may have some luck spotting some Bull Sharks swimming in the area. Off the point in the pass it is deep and crazy. I do not suggest that you dive that area. If you do make sure you have someone who has a lot of experience in the water with you. Head north and dive the fossil beds of venice and pull up a few shark teeth.

Agree with Busdiver. In addition the Tarpon run is a bit early this year, which means that the Hammerheads and Bulls are likely gathering in the pass to enjoy their favorite treat. Some great dive sites off shore including the Mohawk, Hopper Cars, and even the Bayronto. The pass is never a good place to dive.

There is also Trembly & The Rich Novak Reef but viz can be a factor.

Agree with Busdiver. In addition the Tarpon run is a bit early this year, which means that the Hammerheads and Bulls are likely gathering in the pass to enjoy their favorite treat. Some great dive sites off shore including the Mohawk, Hopper Cars, and even the Bayronto. The pass is never a good place to dive.

Do you have any numbers for Mohawk, Hopper Cars and the Bayronto? I will be in Boca this weekend. Hoping to get some spearing in too, any suggestions?

Thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom