Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
It's with a sad heart I have to report that my friend and fellow treasure hunter has gone to that great ballast pile in the sky.

It has been a long, five-year struggle with failed kidneys and the after-effects of heart surgery, but even this strong, strapping ex-frogman had his limits. On 10/13/08 at 4:45 a.m., on the morning tide, Bob “Frogfoot” Weller hoisted his crossed anchors and sailed his frail craft softly across the sandbar at his home port and into eternity...

Frogfoot was one of the great treasure hunters of our time. He was best know for recovering treasure from the 1715 fleet which sank off the coast of Ft. Pierce.

You will be missed my friend, but there's a greater treasure on the other shore waiting to be discovered.

Capt Gary

Call it coincidence or fate, the October 2008 issue of SCUBA NEWS (DEMA ISSUE) has an article about fellow treasure hunter Bert Kilbride with a great picture of Bob and Bert as the lead in. Article starts on page 29.

http://www.scubanews.com/0801/0810issue.pdf

Bert and Bob are now probably with Mel Fisher having a rum and coke :D

Last edited:
I used to read a lot of his articles in Treasure Quest which help fueled my desire to find sunken treasure. Never found any gold coins but did get a small gold crucifix. Funny but last night I just read a 1997 article by him. Sorry to hear this. RIP Frogfoot...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom