Boats and Bannnnannnas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the liveaboards I've ever been on have served bananas.
Maybe they haven't heard this legend yet. :D

Or maybe they will hear it too late!

It sounds crazy and my analytical, shrimp growing problem solving brain usually is searching for a logical answer for everything, of which there is none relative to having bad luck with bananas on board.....but I don't take bananas on my boat either. I also have a habit now,....I heard in the Philippines.....when eating a whole fish, never turn if over after finishing one side of it. Pull the bones and head off to get to the other side of it. They say if you turn if over, your next trip to sea, your boat may do the same.

Wow, I learn so much from this board!

Guess I'd better go throw my Banana Boat sun screen away. I'm not into getting a wedgie, punitive or otherwise.

bananas on the boat are definately a bad thing. i'm not one to believe in such things but i hear too many fishing horror stories about bananas.

I have to agree about no bannannas on boat. Last time we were heading out and as I was pulling the boat to the boat ramp I started to smell a bananna from the back seat. My step mom was eating a bananna. When we stopped to get gas noticed that one of the wheels lug nuts was loose. So I tighten them down and get back on the road. I asked my dad if he put the weights in the boat. I pull over and dad checks but no weights. So I turned around and go back home. When I get home two of the lug nuts were broken and the rest were loose. So I have to agree that bananna's are bad luck.

I worked on the Ka'Imimoana out of Hawaii and we always had bananas, at least for the first few days, then banana bread for breakfast when they started turning. Then it was no bananas for the next 3-4 weeks. We always got bright yellow ones delivered, I always wished they'd get green ones, so they would last at least a week.

I went to the Oriskany in early June and someone got the bends. We found a banana on the boat. Then I went to the USS Strength earlier this month and the anchor line broke free and stranded us. You guessed it - one of the riders had a banana.

I believe!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom