boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone knows how much insurance would be for a dive boat that costs about $19,000. It's for a scuba diving business. If anyone knows PLEASE post it! Thanks!!:D

For my charter business I pay 2100/year for a 60k boat. The actual boat part of that is 600/year the rest is liability. Mind you, this is Canada, and we get raped for insurance any and every way they can.

scubagirl1822:
i was just wondering if anyone knows how much insurance would be for a dive boat that costs about $19,000. It's for a scuba diving business. If anyone knows PLEASE post it! Thanks!!:D

I priced this earlier this year from 3 companies, all three landed in this range. Each company will have their unique terms. For example, some require a survey if a boat is more than 5 years old. A survey will cost you about $350 and the surveyor will provide you with a detailed written report. The insurance provider would need a copy of this report of course. Some will specify limits on the distance from shore. I believe all three specified the max number of passengers you can take on your boat based on the size. This will not necessarily follow your boat's rating (it will be less).

I was exploring a dive charter business using my own boat. The marine insurance policy was the stopper. I would need to have worked more days than I wanted to make it worthwhile.

Good luck with your research.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom