Boat Trailer, EZ Load Vs Calkins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trailer problems before you put a boat on it.

In contrast to being on the side of the road with a broken trailer, boat and gear on top, in the middle of god knows where.

Every hour you spend now will save ten in the future.

That said, maybe you should take a break and take your wife out to dinner. :D

2Dive4fun:
It floats and holds dive gear. Pictures will come later. Did you see my dive ladder?

Am I missing something here? In the pic you attached, you only show a boat trailer....but no dive ladder?

Perhaps I am blind and that is not a trailer?!?!?!

I agree with pipedope... take wifey out to dinner.

As for the brake flush, sections of garden hose and zip-ties my man. :D

My own sure fire flushing system is to back the rig into Lake Stevens on the way home.

OK, I did take the wife out for dinner. Tonight was back to the trailer. This week I replaced the front axel brake assembly, added new brake lines, and new lights. Painted the wheel fenders and modified the roller arms to hold E-Z Load rollers on the back.

The motor is going in this Monday. The outdrive is having new seals installed next week. Going diving Sunday in the Hood.

Disc brakes are great. I just rebuilt my old trailer and added new coupler and discs. All for about $350.
2Dive4fun:
Thanks Uncle,

I went and purchased all new Hot Dip Galv. Bolts, nuts, and washers last night. I plan on pulling all the rusted ones out and replacing them today. I want to design my own brake flush system. Do you have any ideas? My wife thinks I'm crazy with all the energy I focus on this trailer.

I'm working on a tank support rack / portable rack, that can be used in the truck or boat. I purchased HD PVC pipe that is schedule 80, 1/2" thick wall with a 7.5" ID. A tank boot will fit right into to opening. Cut a 6" section of pipe and create and open "C" and it should hold my E-8 and LP tanks just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom