Boat question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an offer to trade my 22 footer for the exact boat I test drove which I was told by the builder was a 22. I have met the owner of that boat here in Placencia and he tells me it's a 26. Nice boat. (it's the one I wanted in the first place) He's under powered and wants my 22 and I'm a bit over so we're talking trade. Problem is he has twin 50s with 20 inch shafts. My boat has a 150 with a 25 inch shaft. My question is, do you line the anticavitation plate up 1/2 inch below the bottom of the hull directly in front of the plate? Or with the low point of the hull, which is the bottom of the V hull. The twins should line up higher but at the low point in front of the plate and not with the V bottom without modifications. I'm thinking it may cavitate on high speed turns. Anyone get experience mounting twins? Thanks, Hank

Back
Top Bottom