Boat or no Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I saw a comment the other day that really bugged me. "cattle maran" ?
and theres alot of talk about dive ops that dont own boats. hmmmm sounds to me like a lot of sandlot envy to me. first of all there are some dive ops that have boats that I wouldnt send my girlfriends mother on and she hates me. but none the less people seem to speak of these ops as if they were the safest on the Island. then you got some dive ops that have no boat no shop but treat people to some of the most awsome dives they will remember for a long time. theres even dive companies that have boats that often need to send their customers out on carls boat for one reason or another. I have seen dive ops with boats pack as many people as they can on a small boat and call it that personal touch. it aint the boat that makes the dive its the dive op that makes the dive a special moment in someones life. carl simply provides an opertunity for many to run a dive op. with out owning a boat. and also works very well for dive op overflow to many shops.
can anyone here name a dive op on this side of the island that has not used carls services at one time or another? how many north shore dive ops use carl during the off season at north shore? I saw one dive op go out the same time our boat went out by the time we finished our first dive they were headed back in having elected to do a double at horseshoe. now thats what i would call slighting the customer. so maybe they did two 20 minute dives wow that was some real personalized service. so the next time anyone wants to knock carls business you might want to think twice cause he may be the same guy you need to call in a pinch. and for all those no boat dive ops man you need to stand up for your boat cause without carl where would you be? yeah I remember dive oahu boat was down man they were running all over the place trying to boat their divers.
so if there was ever a person in the dive industry here whose bad side you dont want to be on I can assure you its carl.
besides where else would i get free candy if carl didnt keep that basket full of chacolate bars.

When did anyone attack Carl's operation on here? I don't know Carl, but I have been on his boat(s) multiple times as a paying customer of IDH...and it was just fine.

I have never used him for any of my instructing as his service does not lend itself to tech diving (what I teach). But you are right, without him alot of scuba businesses on the island would no longer be in existence.

Are we talking Kalakai <sp> Carl? If so... what Sherm said.

We use Carl to do deco dives on the sea tiger and YO, great guy and good operation.

Now Marco can you stop reading between the lines and looking for a fight :p

not looking for a fight just didnt like the term cattle maran. and i dont think theres any lines in that to read between but enough said im done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom