Boat mooring question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubmersibleGeek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I posted on here about a week ago asking for inflatable advice. I got alot of help so thanks. I did get a boat but its a little bigger than an inflatable. Can anyone tell me what is available for boat storage, preferably a inwater mooring. but will take dry storage. I will not be in the area until March but would like to get on a waiting list if necessary now. The boat I need to moor is a 22ft center console. Thanks for the help.

Yes, I'm Navy. I called the three military marinas that I know of (Kanoehe Bay, Rainbow and Hickam.) Nothing less than a 3year wait for inwater storage and the girl at Hickam told me that she has never seen a slip open up as long as she's been there. 1.5 year wait for trailer storage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would say your best shot besides a private mooring would be to inquire at Keehi Lagoon. It leaves a lot to be desired but is probably your best bet for a slip without a long wait. I pay $113 and change for my 25 footer.

1.5 years for trailer storage? I just went down to hickam storage ... uhm 2 weeks ago and got a spot...never was on a wait list.

You should be able to get a slot at Hickams Dry storage lot, it is about a mile from the harbor at Hickam. Slip space is REAL HARD to get as people tend to "Sublet" in order to keep their slip. It may be wrong, but you'll have a hard time proving it!
I would advise NOT keeping your boat in the water anyways, it becomes maintenance intensive after a while. a 22 footer should be able to be pulled rather easily from storage to ramp......
Hey S&D, is the "Rona Lee" still floating?

Thanks S&D and MrJimbo. I kinda figured storage might be a different story once I got there. Would still prefer a slip though. My wife would be much more likely to use it without me if it was in the water. If anyone hears about a sublet coming available please send them my way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom