Boat Kelp Dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...I want to do one but I'm having trouble finding a charter for the days I'm looking at. I'm going to be in SD the 29th of Oct through the 1st of Nov and want to dive the 30th & 31st. I have checked the schedules for Waterhorse, Marrissa, and Lois Anne and none of them have a kelp dive on either of those days. Are there any other charter boats I should check with? I'm open to going to the Coronado Is. and shore diving La Jolla but I REALLY want to do at least one good kelp dive! I dive enough wrecks in North Carolina so I want to see something different. Thanks :D

Check with the Horizon charter as well.

I just emailed them but it looks like they have a cage dive trip on the days I'll be in town. Also after some searching I saw the Hydro Diver boat. Anyone have experience with them???

yup, Horizon is out too ..see: Horizon Charters: 2010 Schedule. Here is the link to our So.Cal. boats. California Dive Boats : The Official Page ...see what you mean regarding the other three. You may have to do a LaJolla Cove (not "shores") dive..... or get up to Catalina. I know there will be a group of us diving at the "park" in Avalon on the 30th.
As a half way to SanDiego (vs. Catalina) check out: Riviera Yacht Charters out of Dana Point...no schedule on line. Good luck.

Are you working on the 29th? If not, I'd say fly in and stay in San Pedro the night of the 28th and take the Magician on Friday. Guaranteed to dive kelp all three dives. Then drive to SD after you get back.

Actually I get back from a Guadalupe Is. trip the 29th and I'll be dropped off at my hotel after 5 PM. So, my plan was to just take it easy that night and get rested up to dive the next day. I decided to stay the weekend to do a couple days diving before I leave and honestly I'll be happy wherever I end up diving. I have always wanted to dive in the kelp forests though so we'll see what I can hook up.

Give us a call at 1 (866) 400-DIVE when you can.

Talk to Rika and we'll get you on a boat. We do the Salt Creek kelp beds in the mornings.

We're out of Dana Point Harbor, so you'll drive a little north, but I can gaurantee you'll get the experience your looking for.

D.J. Mansfield

Give us a call at 1 (866) 400-DIVE when you can.

Talk to Rika and we'll get you on a boat. We do the Salt Creek kelp beds in the mornings.

We're out of Dana Point Harbor, so you'll drive a little north, but I can gaurantee you'll get the experience your looking for.

D.J. Mansfield

I just booked both days on the boat. Thanks D.J. for the info on this. I'm super stoked for the diving.....almost as much as I am about the cage diving!

Thanks to all the others that replied as well.

Back
Top Bottom