Boat Diving Maui (my experiences)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They just wanted us to sign a statement that said we made over 50K a year and "could" buy a timeshare if we wanted.

So we signed and cashed the checks.

I was getting some silicon for my camera at mauidiveshop and I was solicited for this exact thing. The guy could care less about getting me on a dive boat, he just wanted to get me to the presentation.

We rented a wetsuit from www.mauidreamsdiveco.com and it was "lost" on the diveboat. When we told the company about this they only charged us replacement cost, and no rental fee. Try that somewhere else. Also we got tanks at B&B scuba for only 3.50 a tank (total per day cost). At mauidiveshop it was about 7.50.

I skipped the presentation, especially since they are not nice to the Canadians!!!!

Go Canada!!!

Sean

Al Mialkovsky:
They just wanted us to sign a statement that said we made over 50K a year and "could" buy a timeshare if we wanted.

So we signed and cashed the checks.
nice! Getting paid $100/hr while on holidays is always a good thing. Which timeshare was that? I'll have to look them up -- I'm not all that interested in the deals, as they're not activities I'm likely to do (sorry, but "Snuba" just doesn't turn my crank) -- but cash could be nice. :)

The embassey was paying 100 bucks. The maui dive shop sets you up with them. There are several others who offer the same deal. Well they did a few months ago.

We get our tanks at B&B scuba also. Best deal on the island.

If you're around Lahaina, the Maui Diving Scuba Centre in Anchor Plaza has the same rate -- $35 for a 10-fill punch card, including 1 week rental. They, also, have very reasonable prices and good staff.

Sean: are you a Canadian ex-pat?

It's those sort of stunts that really make me not want to have anything to do with Maui Dive Shop, aside from picking up the "Free Maui Dive Guide" :)

Al Mialkovsky:
We get our tanks at B&B scuba also. Best deal on the island.
The thing that sold me on the tank card is that if you don't use it up on this trip, it's still good for the next with no expiration. If I can't find any other reason to go that's the one I'm going with.

Backtanner:
The thing that sold me on the tank card is that if you don't use it up on this trip, it's still good for the next with no expiration. If I can't find any other reason to go that's the one I'm going with.
Our air ended up being almost free since they seldom punched the tank card. We did dive with them several time and I'm sure that is a huge part of it but we won't say anything negative about B&B ever I believe. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom