Boat Dive Outfits on The Big Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Jack's is a good dive operation with great captains and very capable and friendly dive masters, however, I'm going to have to keep my opinion to myself on this one because divetec fills their tanks at Jacks dive locker and I don't want to start any problems.

Personally, I like two.

For the big outfit that still does a good job, Jacks Dive Locker is my favorite. For the small outfit, very relaxed, best pre-dive briefings and lots of critter information, its Dive Makai.

In fact, Dive Makai only does one trip a day, so there is no real rush to get back to shore. They also sometimes do an all day trip, travelling up or down the coast to sites not frequented on a regular basis. These trips might even have you snorkeling with pelagics.

Hi All:
Did a 3 tank dive last march with Dive Makai - Great experience - and we did run across a group of pilot whales on the way to au au canyon down south. Stopped and snorkeled with them as they went by. Great Dive Outfit.

montyb

Back
Top Bottom