Boat Crash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
This is why it is dangerous on the surface, Sunday boaters and yahoo jetskis. Checkit out.

YouTube - coastguard boat sinks speed boat

When on the surface better keep your eyes peeled, the Sunday boaters will run over you and the CG darn sure will not back off the throttle.

N

How much compensation did the guys that were in the speedboat get?
The CG was 100% in the wrong and they even filmed it and provided the evidence! Unbelievable.

The speed boat was wreckles not watching were he was going. But the Coasties on this one are as much the blame........ Some one on the coast guard vessel had to see this coming..

This is why it is dangerous on the surface, Sunday boaters and yahoo jetskis. Checkit out.

YouTube - coastguard boat sinks speed boat

When on the surface better keep your eyes peeled, the Sunday boaters will run over you and the CG darn sure will not back off the throttle.

N

This was on the board some time ago.

It didn't occur to the CG to veer off???

i like how the guy in the speed boat says "first time i know of them was when they hit me"

ummmm - i think he hit them :wink:

I know the boater approaching on the starboard side has the right of way in normal circumstances but does a so-called 'emergency vehicle' CG cutter now have the right of way? Although the people on the small boat should have been looking where they were going, the CG definitely seen the other boat coming and should have done an evasive maneuver! :shakehead:

i like how the guy in the speed boat says "first time i know of them was when they hit me"

ummmm - i think he hit them :wink:

I think the speedboat had the right of way. Not sure how the CG boat was displaying that it was on a call but you would think the skipper could have come off the throttle long enough to let the boat with the right of way pass. Then get back on with his original mission, 30 seconds later. As it was, I imagine they were a bit later to the rescue. I know I have given way many times even when I had the right away to prevent a collision.

All I am saying is that an orange suasage or a diver flag will not defend you from either the CG, hapless sunday captains or jetskis, they will all run over you and probably just keep going unless your carcass fouls their prop.

N

I drive a State LE patrol boat. With blue lights and siren. I would never have done what the Coastie boat did. The Coast Guard boat was negligent. The speedboat was the priveleged vessel and had the right of way. True, the speed boat operator was not maintaining a proper lookout, but in a crossing situation the vessel on the starboard is priveleged and the vessel to port is the stand on vessel. Hard to believe but seeing is believing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom