Bluewater Pelham,Al 01/13/07 Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I feel the need to dive on Sat. Jan 13th at Bluewater. Any takers?
The extended forecast is 72f with chance of rain. I am going to get wet anyway.
No mention of thunderstorms until Sunday.

Hey Clay,
I've been pestering you in another thread so I guess I'll come to yours now and do it:D . You ought to come down and dive Cypress with us Saturday...I'll even let you row my canoe for me.
I want to go back to Pelham and was going to see if you and Cameron could put us another trip together. Howard said Feb 10th would be good for him. I am pretty flexible, as long as the weather is nice. We don't like cold air temps:shakehead .
Maybe we can get some more of these wimpy southerners to join us for some 50'sF water temp.
But in the meantime, Cypress is suppose to be 68F:14:

There are 3 of us going currently. CorralineDream and LPI.

You guys have a great time!! I know that will be difficult without ME though:blinking: ........but don't worry, I'm gonna come back up there and see you guys.....I'm giving you fair warning:D

I'll be there!

Weather's looking better now with rain chance is down to 10%
72F with mostly cloudy. Might need to bring a light . . .

ive been looking for some new dives somewhat close to the atlanta area but cant find much on any of these places. can any of yall give me some info or a place i can find info on bluewater and cypress?

Bluewater is in Pelham, AL just South of Birmingham. From Atlanta it's probably about 2-2.5 hours. Probably your best bet distance wise. It's a nice place to dive.
You're welcome to join us.
Here's their website: http://www.divealabama.com

There's another guy in this forum that lives in Atlanta and comes out and dives with us at Bluewater sometimes. He goes by LoneFrogman. Might try sending him a PM and see if you can ride together.

I think Cypress Springs is only accessible by canoe so you'll have to talk to our shore diving guru SuPrBuGmAn about it!!!

Here's a link to some info: http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/cypress.html

Well, we'll be looking for you guys/gals, myself and a friend named Brad are driving over for a Saturday dive. We're leaving here at 6am and it's about a 3.5 hour drive! Hope to see you guys and hope to dive with you as well!

Only problem is, I have no idea how to find you guys once we're there! I'll be the dumby in the 3mm henderson suit =)

Chances are Brad will be wearing a Tommy D Sports wetsuit, it has neon green under the arms (maybe yellow). Can't miss it!

Had a great day of diving today guys! The weatherman smiled on us bigtime.
It was sunny all day long with 73F air temp and water was pretty much 56F top to bottom. Vis was 30'-40'. Logged 5 dives total.

The three of us Snepdiver, LPI & myself practiced up on our emergency procedures following our safety stops. We each took a turn at being donar & recipient and made Alternate Air Source Ascents from the 20' platform. Great practice.

It was nice meeting Frankc420 & his buddy Brad. Made our last dive of the day together and surfaced right at about 5pm as the sun was going down.

Clay's wife brought us fresh, hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts & some other goodies around lunchtime. Mmmmm.....Doughnuts!!! Tell her we said Thanks.

Hope to see all of you & meet some more scuba boarders back at Bluewater on 2/10/07 for the Dive and Dine. Let's hope the weatherman is just as good to us.
Don't Miss It!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom