Bluesprings conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning on going to Bluesprings tomorrow does anyone have any recent update on conditions?

Thanks.

Last weekend I heard that viz was down to 5-10.
Stay warm on the SI. Looks like we are getting a hint of fall.

On Sept. 5 the viz was 10' or less throughout most of the quarry. Surface temps were in the upper 70s. Temp at 44' was 57 F.

The best viz was over off of the central beach. Maybe 15-20'.

Viz should be great in another 2 months! :D

Viz should be great in another 2 months! :D

Should be great around Thanksgiving! I just hope it doesn't freeze up again this year. I'm not really interested in ice diving. We lost a good 4-5 weeks of diving in Feb and early Mar.

Dived last Saturday.. Vis was about 6ft on Saturday Afternoon....

Should be great around Thanksgiving! I just hope it doesn't freeze up again this year. I'm not really interested in ice diving. We lost a good 4-5 weeks of diving in Feb and early Mar.

Well, I was all for the ice dive but it just didn't pan out. If the same conditions presented themselves I would go for it this time. If nothing else I have the doubles.

Hey, we also have electricity no matter where we go as long as I drive the truck. Bet I could even power a good sized salamander heater.

I dived yeterday afternoon... It was all packed when I got there. I was told that there were about 70 divers........Wow....

Vis was really bad in the afternoon thanks to a lot of classes. It was about 3 ft at around 5 p.m.

Please tell them to fix their floating dock. I told them several times though...

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_04811.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom