Bluegrass Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed once bubbled...
Does the Tennessee River run through Kentucky? My Uncle's uncle had a dive operation there years ago doing just that, collecting muscles I believe, made a fortune, had a whole team under him. Shipped the muscles to Japan.

I've heard of several people doing this (Illegaly) making money hand over fist. They use the crushed shells from our rivers to help produce perfect pearls over there.

does run through Kentucky and is known as Kentucky Lake since the TVA built the dam. The Tennessee now forms several lakes along its route.

Mussels can be harvested legally. What the legal method is depends on which state you are in. As mentioned the shells are sent to the pearl producers in Japan to seed the production of cultured pearls.

Mo.:cuddle:

Dang man, I am impressed!!

For a farm boy you sure are a wealth of knowledge. Good thing you run around without your shoes on so that "brain" of yours is getting some blood flowing to it. :D

jbd once bubbled...

Mussels can be harvested legally. What the legal method is depends on which state you are in. As mentioned the shells are sent to the pearl producers in Japan to seed the production of cultured pearls.

Ernie got several Regulators and BC's from the State Police after they were repoed for illegal musseling.:wink: For like a buck or two.

if you get caught diving for mussles in Ky. You lose all of your gear and if you have a boat, trailer & vehicle there at the time they catch you then they take that from you also.

jbd once bubbled...
if you get caught diving for mussles in Ky. You lose all of your gear and if you have a boat, trailer & vehicle there at the time they catch you then they take that from you also.

Sure would like to get a repoed boat and trailer for a few bucks.

Does Ernie want to pass on the savings? I know several beginners that need gear...tell him to pm meif he's interested. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom