Blue water....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This last week I went out as a scientific observer for NOAA on a container ship running from Newark to Bermuda and back.

Unfortunately, we got to Bermuda at about 4pm Sunday and left the dock at 2pm Monday so I didn't have time to dive while I was there, but I figured some of you might appreciate this picture I shot while sailing through the Sargasso Sea. Look at the color of that water. Too bad it was about 5000 meters deep there. :D

You really have to blow that thumbnail up to full size and look at the details it the wake to see how blue it really was.

Attachments

• IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 147
In my opinion, you didn't miss too much by not diving in Bermuda. I've been there a bunch of times and dove there a few times, and it's not a great dive destination. The coral is bleached out and while there are a lot of fish you can see just as many snorkling.
That said, I do like Bermuda a lot as a vacation spot. Renting a moped and going from beach to beach is fun.

Unfortunately, we got to Bermuda at about 4pm Sunday and left the dock at 2pm Monday so I didn't have time to dive while I was there, but I figured some of you might appreciate this picture I shot while sailing through the Sargasso Sea. Look at the color of that water. Too bad it was about 5000 meters deep there. :D

You really have to blow that thumbnail up to full size and look at the details it the wake to see how blue it really was.[/quote]

What a great opportunity to escape the cold NE and get paid to do it Chris.
Too bad you didn't get a chance to dive while you were there. I agree with the other about the reefs, but you don't go to Bermuda to dive reefs. You go to dive wrecks.
There many shallow ones that you can spend lots of bottom tome on.

That said, I do like Bermuda a lot as a vacation spot. Renting a moped and going from beach to beach is fun.

Moped to the beach? Hmmm.... I have a hard time imagining a vacation in any context other than diving. Sooner or later this is going to get me in trouble because my girlfriend doesn't dive. :D

You go to dive wrecks.
There many shallow ones that you can spend lots of bottom tome on.

Speaking of spending bottom time on wrecks, it must only be a couple of months before you start thinking about launching your boat! :D

Speaking of spending bottom time on wrecks, it must only be a couple of months before you start thinking about launching your boat! :D
I am already poking around with it.
I got set back because of my surgery last week but I am ready to "have at it" again.

I am already poking around with it.
I got set back because of my surgery last week but I am ready to "have at it" again.

Wow, didn't realize you had surgery. Sounds like it went well though if you're back to working on the boat. Glad to hear your doing okay! Can't wait to get out with you again this season! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom