Blue Springs Waldron Indiana Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what to tell you. I did talk to you, in person. I believed you when you said you owned the place and I believed your web posts when you said it was closed. Then I found out that it is open and now I have some doubts about your previous claim.

As far as something being taken without permission and not returned or whatever being criminal I guess that depends on who owns the building where the property was located at the time and other circumstances of it being there that I'm not aware of at this time.

Why is it any of your concern how long I have been a member of anything or when I start posting or why?

You stated the quarry was closed and represented things to be a certain way in a public forum so I wanted to make sure that people who wanted to dive Blue Springs knew it was really open for them so they could dive there. So I used the same forum you did. I like diving the place. I want to dive the place. But you apparently don't want divers at the place if you aren't getting paid. Which would be ok if you were really the owner and had control of the property.

Good intentions are great but why drag the divers into your private war by claiming things that appear not to be true. Possesion is 9/10 of the law.

Guys, no reason this has to get ugly. I can tell you the facts as I know them. I've been present when 2 of the parties involved (Rick and William) were talking and the whole thing was a done deal. Rick expressly said that the operation was Williams and that he could do as he pleased on the property. I was a witness to the statement. I was involved in some of the construction at the facility and Rick had no input or relevancy to the operation. His only purpose at the site was to remove trash as required by the contract the parties had signed. At times he helped by loaning equipment, but other than that, he was just removing junk.

William paid the bills to install updated electrical for the front office and compressor room, paid for the material and labor to finish the compressor room and has the rights to the corporation that owns blue springs.

That being said, it seems that Rick has changed his mind and doesn't feel like selling now that it's been improved by William. He has taken it back over and is trying to shut William out. Pretty underhanded and spiteful if you ask me. Not only that, William has invested tens of thousands of dollars into the facility to improve it.

I can explain it better this way:

Say you are purchasing a rental house, you sign a contract with the buyer to purchase it. The purchaser has told you you can come and start renovating it before closing. You renovate all the bathrooms and kitchen. The seller comes back and tells you they no longer want to sell it and change the locks so you can't get in. Now what do you do? The old seller is now collecting rent on the place!

That is similar to what we have here. IMO, giving Rick money is akin to stealing from William. I have no idea exactly how much money William has given to Rick and his ex partner, it's none of my business. I do know the money invested by William into the property is significant.

I can't in good conscience support the current operation after what has transpired.

Mark and William, you are both friends of mine. I'd do anything to help either of you out. There's no reason to get into an argument over this. I've stated the facts as I know them. Mark, hopefully this gives you some insight into what is going on and why the two sides differ. Yes, the Quarry is open- but should it be? Should divers support this behavior?

Those are questions everyone should ask themselves before they go out there.

When I got there this afternoon after a two+ hour drive it had a padlock on the gate. Looked closed to me...

I can't in good conscience support the current operation after what has transpired.

... Yes, the Quarry is open- but should it be? Should divers support this behavior?

Those are questions everyone should ask themselves before they go out there.

Well said Jason, and ditto from me. On another board I posted what I had heard, this is more powerful as you were there. My students and their money will be going to NSR until this is resolved.

So where do things stand with the litigation? Seems like there's been absolutely no movement in over 6 months. Can we assume the deal is dead?

I was there diving New Years Day. It was the same ole self-serve operation ... sign yourself in, leave your money and dive. There was a group of 5-6 people from Ohio as well as my buddy and I. Air temp around 36F, sunny but windy, water temps a consistent 42F and viz around 15-20'.

Hello? Anyone? Anyone?? Beuller???

It is open and is the same as it used to be. Sign in, leave your money and dive. There were people in the office in the warmer months. We got in a lot of dives in the fall. The last dive I made there were on December 31st 2011. When I last talked to Rick he was unaware of any legal action pending or otherwise. So regardless of anything else I have heard, read or seen it's the same as always with the benefit of not dealing with any BS and it's never too crowded.

Blue Springs ... the self serve quarry. Works for me, but at some point someone is gonna do something stupid, hurt themselves or worse, and that'll be the end of that.

Blue Springs ... the self serve quarry. Works for me, but at some point someone is gonna do something stupid, hurt themselves or worse, and that'll be the end of that.

Unfortunately, quite true.

I am hoping to dive there with my Indy and Ky buds someday.

The deal is dead. Unfortunately it's cost William a considerable amount of money and grief. Not to mention the items stolen by everyone's good buddy rick. He even got a year of free insurance, hydro'd bank tanks and a rebuilt compressor by fraudulent means. I'm not going to reward his actions with my money. I'll never go back there.

Back
Top Bottom