Blue Springs, IN - Oct 3-5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,
Anybody interested in getting a few dives in next Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I can be at Blue Springs anytime ~3pm from Friday through to whenever on Sunday. I'm new to the area and am anxious to meet fellow divers and explore the local quarries.

I'm living in Bloomington, and I'm open to diving anything that isn't much more than a 2hr drive away. Let me know,
Brett

Brett....just checking, you are aware BS is pretty much a scummy, low-vis mud hole right now since the flood, right? Since you mentioned you were new to the area, I just wanted to check......

Last edited:
Lame, I guess bloomington area diving is bust? I'm fine with low vis (used to it, in fact)... its finding a buddy thats down thats the trick!

To anybody reading this - please PM or post if you're down to dive this weekend or any other.

I met up with BryceM at BSQ for two very pleasant dives. The vis wasn't awful... it ranged from 5-10 to 15-20ft. The vis is worst right at the thermocline... below the thermocline it gets very dark very quickly (and cold! I registered ~48F), most likely because the sun can't penetrate through the suspended muck. The features (armored car, the tubes, etc) are incredibly silty, but diving along the wall was pretty nice. Quite a few interesting fish to see!

It is a shame about the flood. I guess we'll have to wait for next year to see how the site shapes up. It sounds like they're planning on treating the water; lets hope that works!
-Brett

I don't want to know what your definition of awful is. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom