Blue Springs Free Dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

komi hunter:
No I am just wanting to see if Rick wants my business or if I will take my business elsewhere. I will not pay $20 maybe $15 but not $20 to dive blue springs, unless there are some major improvments made.

I think this has been tried several times before. Wally and I also talked with Rick, but he didn't seem to care about non-coming divers. I haven't been there after jacking price up, so I don't know what has been done and will be done. Were there many divers out there?

hoosier:
I think this has been tried several times before. Wally and I also talked with Rick, but he didn't seem to care about non-coming divers. I haven't been there after jacking price up, so I don't know what has been done and will be done. Were there many divers out there?

Just me and my dive buddy. I don't see any changes he has made. The only thing is the LDS still goes there because it doesn't cost them anything and it don't cost the instructors so why should they care if he raises it.

komi hunter:
Just me and my dive buddy. I don't see any changes he has made. The only thing is the LDS still goes there because it doesn't cost them anything and it don't cost the instructors so why should they care if he raises it.

I was told that some LDS decide to go to Hidden Paradise instead BS. I don't think the shallow depth at HP matters for OW students.

LDS should care about the local diving environment. Otherwise, their business is very short-sighted future. That is, the more active local divers there are, the more business LDS can have.

Joe was out hand pulling weeds today, when asked, he said it doesn't make a difference for the local divers, he was doing it for you out of towners, he likes to keep the place looking decent for you guys!

I was at BS this weekend (6/17-18) and it was pretty busy. Saturday afternoon the north beach lot was full. At least 15-18 vehicles I'd guess. We dove off of the central beach and there were probably 10-12 people total diving off of that location. Sunday morning was nuts at the central beach. I didn't drive up to the north beach to see if it was similar. At the central beach, the lower parking area was full and there were 6-8 cars in the upper lot. There were at least 20 divers on the various platforms off of the central area, most OW students. One even kicked my mask and snorkel into the water. I had to use my backup mask and my buddy found my x-vision and snorkel as we came back from the dive. Argh....

I was there for AOW so didn't have a choice in location. When I picked up my tank Sunday morning Rick indicated that he had 23 fills from the day before that were picked up on Sunday. When I picked mine up at 9:00 that was the last of the 23.

Sounds like a very busy, and profitable, weekend for them. I contributed $45 for two days and one air fill. OUCH!!!!

Divin'Hoosier:
I was at BS this weekend (6/17-18) and it was pretty busy. Saturday afternoon the north beach lot was full. At least 15-18 vehicles I'd guess. We dove off of the central beach and there were probably 10-12 people total diving off of that location. Sunday morning was nuts at the central beach. I didn't drive up to the north beach to see if it was similar. At the central beach, the lower parking area was full and there were 6-8 cars in the upper lot. There were at least 20 divers on the various platforms off of the central area, most OW students. One even kicked my mask and snorkel into the water. I had to use my backup mask and my buddy found my x-vision and snorkel as we came back from the dive. Argh....

I was there for AOW so didn't have a choice in location. When I picked up my tank Sunday morning Rick indicated that he had 23 fills from the day before that were picked up on Sunday. When I picked mine up at 9:00 that was the last of the 23.

Sounds like a very busy, and profitable, weekend for them. I contributed $45 for two days and one air fill. OUCH!!!!

If any body wants the email that Rick sent out earlier this year, and it was posted on SB, I have it and so does Brian. It clearly states that if you can't afford to pay the fee to let them know. I haven't tried it but this is the only way that I will be back to BS. Personally I won't pay at all. If I am going to make a point I am going to make it, not beat around the bush.
Like Hoosier said, the dive shops are supporting him. The newbies don't know of anyplace else to dive so they might return. Most will dive warm waters and don't care about the local dive spots. I am glad to hear that a few LDS are taking our side and telling Rick to stick it. I gave them my last $10 in February.

Chris, what kind of "weeds" was it that Joe was pulling? :D

Land Locked:
I still want to know what Brain and his dive buddy paid????

Buddy ws nice and paid but left a note I was not so nice in the payment envelope I put the letter with the part about free circled.I know it may soound petty but a point is a point and I will not pay that for what you get.

And if your buddy is who I think it was, that is pretty sad when an out of towner complains.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom