Blue Reef or Bare Hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajay

Contributor
Reaction score
Im in need of professional advise. What hood is better for cold water diving. The Blue Reef 6.5 Neoprene on hight heat loss area for maximum warmth and 3.0mm neoprene on cold water flange or the Bare 7mm N2S with 3mm N1S timmable face/neck seal and flange. The bare also comes with a back entry zip.

Which one is more comfortable and keep warmer.

scubajay once bubbled...
Which one is more comfortable and keep warmer.
The one that fits your head the best will be the most comfortable and warmest! Try them on if you have the chance, and get the one that fits best.

I must own 6 hoods.

My favorite, by far, is my $5.00 dacor.

It just fits so nice.

I bought it as Leisurepro.

They don't have anymore of them but I did find them at some other online dive shops. I don't remember which ones though.

Scubajay,
While I agree with everything that's been said, I have the Bare hood that you're interested in purchasing. It fits my head well, is comfortable, and keeps me warm.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Scubajay,

I bought and just received the Blue Reef 6.5mm from LP. I put it on at my house and it was comfortable, (Size L). I plan on using it next weekend at Ginnie Springs I will let you know how I like it under cold water diving conditions.

How come your name is not on Wendy's list of divers/campers?

I also owe a snap, you left yours attached to my buddy line when we went to Venice Beach. I planned on returning it to you but I lost the whole line and both snaps at Wendy's Venice Beach Party.

Wildbill:cop:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom