Blue Mesa Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a little worried because it has been raining everyday, and really hard. We went to the lake yesterday, and on the way home we saw a road between Gunnison and Blue Mesa which was washed out.
The rivers have been extremely high and muddy.
The lake, as a result, isn't as clear as it was.

I will keep you all posted.....

I won't commit to anything at this point, but I'll figure out the details and talk to the wife to see if she is interested in going down to camp for the weekend.

So Doggie, are you camping? What's the place like for camping, like are there trees, water, electric, garbage dumpsters, defined sites?? I suppose I could get off my lazy tail, and look all this up, but hey, here is your opportunity to rocket this post back to the top of the very busy RMO forum! :lol:

Welcome back!
Yes, there are defined sights. The place is huge. Many campgrounds and campsites. There is even a really good restaurant at the lake.
However...
Its raining on our parade! Torrential rains everyday have been mucking things up. Its raining as I write this. Good for the drought, bad for an Aug dive party. Water clarity has dropped. I think that we should push the Blue mesa bash back into September, after monsoon season. In the meantime, I am open to suggestions.

I will be moving back to Fort Collins on Aug 15th, so I am happy to join a front range get together, or to carpool somewhere else.

No matter what, a group of us will be diving Blue Mesa in September!

I glad I took a look at this. Not sure why it did not show for me that there were unread postings. I was going to call to make my reservations tonight. I guess I will wait to here when we will be going to Blue Mesa.

Divedoggie:
No matter what, a group of us will be diving Blue Mesa in September!

K, We will stick you with this statement!

I just responded to the RMO get together thread. We can get together and dive, or not dive, or whatever just to have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom