Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nativenarcosis once bubbled...
Do the Southern Swampers ever do the Blue Lagoon gig near Huntsville??

To put it simply...no! The biggest reason is we have a new local spot, Twin Lakes, that is much closer than Blue Lagoon and cleaner. Another is we've been diving BL for years and are just tired of it. After about 200 dives at BL, the high alkaline water has eaten the chrome off my old original first stage! The water is also hard on just about everything else...including your skin. I much prefer clean water with fish and turtles to keep me company within less than an hours drive from my house.

I'll still divemaster at BL if I absolutely have to but I doubt very seriously if I'll ever go there for pleasure diving again.

I can relate to the water.. it can make you feel pretty funky. I have not tried TL yet due to the hike across town.

From your location, it's probably just as far to either place. You need to come check out the lake, though. Next spring is really going to bring some changes. Constuction on a main building to hold a convenience store, air fill station, park check in, bathroom and showers, etc. is in the planning stages now. Mike, Beast and Tony will be completing the first of several canopies soon.

joens once bubbled...
where is twin lakes ?
joens

It's in Manvel, Texas on Hwy 6...about 2 miles south of 288.

Hmm, TL is putting in amenities? Would anyone recommend this site for a weekend outing next spring?

That may be a viable option for a fishing expedition out of Galveston, then a cook-out at TL for a long weekend vacation.

Grilled seafood anyone? (Steamed, boiled, or other various and simultaneous methods are feasible).

sealskin98 once bubbled...
Hmm, TL is putting in amenities? Would anyone recommend this site for a weekend outing next spring?

That may be a viable option for a fishing expedition out of Galveston, then a cook-out at TL for a long weekend vacation.

Grilled seafood anyone? (Steamed, boiled, or other various and simultaneous methods are feasible).

The plans Mike has for next year is really going to make things nice for camping. He's also planning to run water and electric power to the back side of the lake...where we most frequently gather. Beast has already built and installed 4-5 BBQ pits that are getting alot of use.

Come on down...we'll like seafood!

Dee,

Has mike made any mention when he may be able to setup a fill station. I know he hasn't had much of a budget for that yet. I havn't gotten to dive there much but with a fill station I would not have to plan and get tanks filled before hand. I think that would help TL grow and would make it easer for dive shops to justify training there

Geek.

Geek...the construction of the main building is the first thing towards the fill station. He could have gotten the compressor this winter but he didn't have a permanent place to put it and re-installing all the heavy duty electrical stuff in a different location wasn't an option. I only wants to do it once! He didn't give me a time but he's starting on it. He realizes how much we all want/need the fill station and it has top priority, it's just that there more to it than throwing a compressor in a building somewhere!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom