Blue Lagoon April 14-15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zach5150

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My girlfriend and I are looking at hitting the Blue Lagoon on Saturday night/Sunday April 14-15. We are going to do the shipwreck lecture at Tx AM on Saturday then head up to Huntsville to camp out w/ a group from Sea Sports. I'm jonesing to get my gear wet again and get ready for my upcoming trip to Roatan!!! Soooo...the big question....how cold is it gonna be? If anybody has any recent reports to share, I'm all ears! :mouse04:

My wife, son and I were planning on doing that as well with the folks from Sea Sports. Small world.

2 weeks ago it was 65 degrees on the platforms in Lagoon 2. Surface temp was 70. I heard 70 on the platforms this past weekend.

We had planned on doing it this weekend as well, but I just looked at the weather and it says a high temp of 51!???? Probably won't make that one if that's the case.

Maybe we'll see you out there. Then we could talk you into showing us the ropes at Travis....

pcornell:
My wife, son and I were planning on doing that as well with the folks from Sea Sports. Small world.

2 weeks ago it was 65 degrees on the platforms in Lagoon 2. Surface temp was 70. I heard 70 on the platforms this past weekend.

We had planned on doing it this weekend as well, but I just looked at the weather and it says a high temp of 51!???? Probably won't make that one if that's the case.

Maybe we'll see you out there. Then we could talk you into showing us the ropes at Travis....

Cool! Are you going to be there w/ Sheila's group? My GF is friends w/ Sheila, so we planned on hanging with her. I dont know if I know Travis enough to really "show you the ropes", but I can kinda find my way around at Mansfield Dam and Windy Point. I've dove there several times.

Yes with Sheila's group. My wife and son got certified with Sheila, and I did my nitrox with her as well. Wife still trying to get comfortable in water, so we are trying to get wet every weekend we can and looking for some varied conditions to do it in. That's why we are going to Lagoon and interested in Travis as well.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

pcornell:
Yes with Sheila's group. My wife and son got certified with Sheila, and I did my nitrox with her as well. Wife still trying to get comfortable in water, so we are trying to get wet every weekend we can and looking for some varied conditions to do it in. That's why we are going to Lagoon and interested in Travis as well.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

cool! Us too! I'll send you a PM.

So, did anybody go to the lagoon this past weekend? Any updates on the temp and condition? Of course, it was really cold this weekend, so maybe not huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom