Blue Island Divers. St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just returned home today from a fantastic week of diving in St Thomas and diving with Blue Island Divers Dive shop.
What a great Operation they have, and the new owners DJ and Annabell are just great People, I walked in the door upon arrival from the Airport and Introduced myself,I was treated as family from that moment on, I Told them I was There looking for my friend Brian Laforce (Scuba Instructor) And they told me he was not back off the boat yet.
They then offered to let me store all of my luggage,Scuba Gear and even locked up all of my camera Equipment for me, and directed me over to Tickles bar and grill for a good meal and a cool drink.

Then that evening, Annabell and the Blue Island dive crew took me out on a night dive, Awesome dive, I saw the biggest sea Turtle I have ever seen, It was Approx 4 feet across the back, The rest of that dive was outstanding!!

I spent the rest of the week Diving with Blue Island Divers and one other shop, But I found I was given nothing but great friendship and outstanding service with Blue Island Divers!!

Thanks again to DJ and Annabell, You and your outstanding crew made my dive vacation one of the very best I have ever experienced!!

I dove with them a few years ago. I went during the off season and was the only paying customer on the boat. The rest were staff. They took me to the sites that they liked to dive. Great op with a great crew.

I'll do my best! :crafty:

Awesome, You will have a great time with them, and If you do any classes while you are with them, be sure to ask for IDC Staff Instructor Brian Laforce, This guy is one of the best Instructors you will find anywhere!!!! Brian is also one of the very best Dive guides and knows how to find everything you may want to see!!!

I wish I would have the time. I'll be there just for the day while on a cruise and only have time for two morning dives. I asked them about also doing an afternoon dive, but they get back to late for me to make sailaway. So, if it all goes well, I'll see about coming back for a longer stay.

I wish I would have the time. I'll be there just for the day while on a cruise and only have time for two morning dives. I asked them about also doing an afternoon dive, but they get back to late for me to make sailaway. So, if it all goes well, I'll see about coming back for a longer stay.

Laurie.

If you want to get in more Dives then just the Morning and still make your sail time, Call Brian, I just talked to him and he said he can set it up so that you can get all four dives and be back in plenty of time.

IDC Staff Instructor.
Brian LaForce
916-519-2347.

Hi Jim: We will be in St. Thomas off cruise ship Summit on Sunday, April 18, and my wife, my 15 yr old son and I are interested in doing a couple of dives. Saw the Website of Blue Island Divers, but wasn't sure which of 4 main dive outfits on the Island would be best for us. My wife and son are beginners - I've got a lot of older experience. I like their interactive dive site map! Thanks for the good recommendation! Have you tried any of the other dive outfits on the island? We did a dive in Cancun a year ago and they took us to 90 feet plus with currents even though we told them my wife and son were beginners. I don't want that kind of experience - I want dives that are more to our abilities that will give us the enjoyment and confidence to do more! Thanks!
- Larry

Hi Jim: We will be in St. Thomas off cruise ship Summit on Sunday, April 18, and my wife, my 15 yr old son and I are interested in doing a couple of dives. Saw the Website of Blue Island Divers, but wasn't sure which of 4 main dive outfits on the Island would be best for us. My wife and son are beginners - I've got a lot of older experience. I like their interactive dive site map! Thanks for the good recommendation! Have you tried any of the other dive outfits on the island? We did a dive in Cancun a year ago and they took us to 90 feet plus with currents even though we told them my wife and son were beginners. I don't want that kind of experience - I want dives that are more to our abilities that will give us the enjoyment and confidence to do more! Thanks!
- Larry

Larry.

Contact IDC Staff Instructor Brian Laforce, He is with Blue Island Divers, But he also does Specialty stuff to accommodate needs of divers from new divers to to experienced divers and families, He can make special hours and needs as well, I have been diving and known Brian for years, He is now living in St Thomas, and works hand in hand with Blue Island Divers, but he also caters to the needs of kids and families.

As for other shops, Yes I dove with another while I was there, But I found diving with Blue Island, and Brian as the dive guide to be the most outstanding, I am a Photographer and I only had a short time to get the shots of all of the certain animals/Fish That I needed for the assignment that I am working on, Brian took me and the rest of us where we needed to go and found what I needed for me, I very highly recommend calling Brian Laforce for all of you Family Diving Needs.

I can Guarantee you won't have another bad experience with Brian and Blue Island Divers!!

Brian Laforce
IDC Staff Instructor/Blue Island Divers/The Wet side
916-519-2347

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom