Blue Island Divers. St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim: We will be in St. Thomas off cruise ship Summit on Sunday, April 18, and my wife, my 15 yr old son and I are interested in doing a couple of dives. Saw the Website of Blue Island Divers, but wasn't sure which of 4 main dive outfits on the Island would be best for us. My wife and son are beginners - I've got a lot of older experience. I like their interactive dive site map! Thanks for the good recommendation! Have you tried any of the other dive outfits on the island? We did a dive in Cancun a year ago and they took us to 90 feet plus with currents even though we told them my wife and son were beginners. I don't want that kind of experience - I want dives that are more to our abilities that will give us the enjoyment and confidence to do more! Thanks!
- Larry
Larry, I have a great deal of experience with beginning divers, and advanced divers that need a little help getting readjusted to the water after a long break. Bring your family and I'll make sure you are well taken care of.

I'll do my best! :crafty:
Hey! Come on now! The less I'm tormented the better a dive guide I am. You don't have to give me grief just because Jim says to. I'm sure you'll find reasons of your own! Looking forward to diving with you Laurie.
B

I was in St. Thomas for a week in September and dove all week with those guys. My wife was not certified at the time but did a few discover scuba trips and was hooked immediately and now has her open water cert. They were no less than fantastic. One nice perk to blue island in regard to cruise ships is that they can usually pick you up right from the pier and get you back to the pier saving lots of time in transport. DJ and Annabelle are fantastic. I just found out I will be coming back in December for a 1 day stop on a cruise and will definately hook up with them. I have dove everywhere from the eastern caribbean, western caribbean, southern caribbean, puerto rico, keys, south pacific, and north carolina and I have yet to find a dive operation that matches their professionalism and class. Hope your dives are good ones and good luck. If you see DJ, let him know b/c of him, Im having to buy dive gear for my wife. She finally got her cert.

Hey! Come on now! The less I'm tormented the better a dive guide I am. You don't have to give me grief just because Jim says to. I'm sure you'll find reasons of your own! Looking forward to diving with you Laurie.
B

I'm just a troublemaker at heart! :eyebrow:

My sailaway time is 4:30 pm, so I want to get back on the ship by 4:00 pm to be safe. Would it be possible to do an afternoon dive? I had e-mailed with your shop a few weeks ago and was told that we would get back too late for me to do that.

Back
Top Bottom