Blue Hole Trip Photo's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!!! great photos!

Nice pics, I've always been meaning to get down there and relieve myself of the winter dryness up here.

My friend Curt took this uw pic of the Hole.
Thanks, Rick

Rickster:
My friend Curt took this uw pic of the Hole.
Thanks, Rick
That's a nice one! Must have been a week day, eh?

During the summer when no one is diving it's fun to be sixty feet down and look up and see the leaves on the trees.

ABQdiver:
That's a nice one! Must have been a week day, eh?

During the summer when no one is diving it's fun to be sixty feet down and look up and see the leaves on the trees.

I am not sure what day he took the pic, but I can almost be certain it was a weekday. A couple months ago, I stayed to do some dives on monday, after a training weekend. My buddy and I were the only divers there all day! The first dive in the morning, we went to the bottom. I was amazed! We could see the whole Hole from top to bottom. Even the fish were out and swimming with us. My buddy says he even spotted the elusive Blue Hole Canned Tuna :wink:
Rick

Here are a few I took last summer at the Hole while doing my OWC.

I've spent literally hours at the Blue Hole, although not recently. It is a beautiful dive early in the morning. I used to DM for A-1 in Englewood, and we always tried to get out there as early as possible. I especially liked being in the Hole getting set up for an AOW class, as me and my buddy DM would get a few minutes to just tour and enjoy the crystal clear water. As Rickster said, you can hang in the center at about 40 feet and see the entire Hole, top to bottom and side to side.

Also liked to do some of the AOW dives at Perch Lake. Much larger, better for nav and search dives, but not deep enough for the deep dive. And fun to dive on the plane.... :eyebrow:

BTW, the photo of Master Instructor Chris... I was DM assistant when he did his Rescue and DM training. We've know each other for a few years.... :wink:

RP Diver:
I've spent literally hours at the Blue Hole, although not recently. It is a beautiful dive early in the morning. I used to DM for A-1 in Englewood, and we always tried to get out there as early as possible. I especially liked being in the Hole getting set up for an AOW class, as me and my buddy DM would get a few minutes to just tour and enjoy the crystal clear water. As Rickster said, you can hang in the center at about 40 feet and see the entire Hole, top to bottom and side to side.

Also liked to do some of the AOW dives at Perch Lake. Much larger, better for nav and search dives, but not deep enough for the deep dive. And fun to dive on the plane.... :eyebrow:

BTW, the photo of Master Instructor Chris... I was DM assistant when he did his Rescue and DM training. We've know each other for a few years.... :wink:

Chris was explaining rebreather, and Trimix gasses to me before my AOW class/pool session just last night. A heck of a nice guy, and he was my OW instructor for the checkout (not the class however).

We are going to the bottom of the Hole next Sunday morning at dawn, so I'm hoping for good conditions both outside (so we don't freeze) but maybe more so in the water where dawns early light should result in an empty hole before the OW classes and rescue classes get moving.

Keep an eye on the board, sounds like we have a good group of people who plan on getting together as the weather warms for some good fun if not good diving...

RP Diver:

I typically go over to Blue Hole on the weekends for the classes, just to dive, etc. Wednesday and Thursday of this week I met a guy from the South Bend, Indiana area (Hi Doug!) and dove with him for the two days. Have to admit, it ain't bad at all when you are the only ones around. Nice and quiet, water was beautiful without all the divers kicking up the stuff.

Down at the bottom, there was this branch that had fallen from a nearby tree, that wasn't unusual, but the thing was filled with crawfish. The crawfish were just hanging on to different branches, must have been a dozen or more I wished I would have brought my camera. A very interesting site, a crawfish tree........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom