Blue Hole/Perch Lake April 15th-17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to join the Rickster and wife for a trip to Perch Lake (Friday 15th) and Blue Hole on the weekend of 4/15-4/16.

If anyone is interested in hooking up, we will be there. If people are interested in riding down from Denver, I'm not sure if there is space in our car, however I'm going to be getting a room and would be willing to split it with someone.

PM me if you are interested in hooking up. It should be fun even if it's not exactly Cozumel :eyebrow:

RonFrank:
I'm going to join the Rickster and wife for a trip to Perch Lake (Friday 15th) and Blue Hole on the weekend of 4/15-4/16.

If anyone is interested in hooking up, we will be there. If people are interested in riding down from Denver, I'm not sure if there is space in our car, however I'm going to be getting a room and would be willing to split it with someone.

PM me if you are interested in hooking up. It should be fun even if it's not exactly Cozumel :eyebrow:

We are planning to drive over from ABQ on Saturday with some friends - some divers, some not who want to see what all the hoopla is all about. So we may see you there!
robint

robint:
We are planning to drive over from ABQ on Saturday with some friends - some divers, some not who want to see what all the hoopla is all about. So we may see you there!
robint

They tend to park right up front, and they put down a third platform between the ones owned by A1, and ??. I look like a cross between Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, and Arnold.... :eyebrow: Actually I don't, but I my wetsuit has a large patch of neon green in the front top (which my buddies have said makes me easy to spot).

Definately come by the Odyssey trainler, and ask for us (Rick) so we DO meet!! It's always fun to meet fellow divers... We are doing a VERY early dive on Saturday Moning to hookup the platform IF you happen to be there by then.

A1 does NOT have classes this weekend, so I'm hoping that it will NOT be as busy, and silted up as last time I went. The Hole is a fun place to dive, but when Odyssey and A1 both have 30+ students there, it does impact the vis.

RonFrank:
A1 does NOT have classes this weekend, so I'm hoping that it will NOT be as busy, and silted up as last time I went. The Hole is a fun place to dive, but when Odyssey and A1 both have 30+ students there, it does impact the vis.

Yeah, when there are 2-3 large dive groups the vis goes south. I didn't even take the camera gear into the water last trip.

Looks like we won't be there on Saturday - Ron has to work. So we will be there late Saturday or Sunday morning. We have a green truck and green tent/canope. Hopefully our friends will join us for the day - if so we will have 5 divers (me, ron, tiffany, and 2 friends who have NEVER done fresh water) and 2 dive sherpas. Could be interesting!

robint

RonFrank:

Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately that falls on the same weekend as my Cozumel trip :D . I would cancel and go down to the hole with you guys, but since the Coz trip is already paid for, I better not :D. But seriously, it does sound like a good time. I'm looking forward to the next time you guys head down there. I'll be game for sure.

RonFrank:

Hi everyone,
My car is too small, a Taurus, with three people and all our gear. But, if anyone is interested in meeting us there :yl2jump: :party2: :partytime :wave-smil It should be a great time.(well at least we will be diving :wink: )
robint-we will see you sunday.
dimitrik-The next one is May 13th, 14th, & 15th. Are you free those dates?
ron-I'll call you tomorrow, with info.

Rick

dimitrik:
Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately that falls on the same weekend as my Cozumel trip :D . I would cancel and go down to the hole with you guys, but since the Coz trip is already paid for, I better not :D. But seriously, it does sound like a good time. I'm looking forward to the next time you guys head down there. I'll be game for sure.
If you were considering trading in Coz for Blue Hole, then I would SERIOUSLY need to have your priorities checked out!!

Glad you were only kidding..... :icon10:

Have fun in Cozumel, and say hi to the warm waters for me!

Looks like I'm missing this get together as well.

Got the Dive Con class duty this month. The class is going out at the end of the month.

Have fun!

Can you belive it?? It's SNOWING up in the heights this morning........ Whats up with THAT??

Actually, I think we are coming out on Sunday April 17th. Hopefully my (Blue Hole is boring) daughter can be convinced to come as well. Some of the last Fundies class guys will be coming up to practice and try to convince ourselves that we do not suck as bad as we thought.

Wishful thinking I'm sure.......:wink:

Hope to catch up with all of you that are going. I'm with NM Scuba Center and we normally park at the Southeast set of picnic tables. I drive a white Tundra with a headache rack on the back. See ya then!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom