Blue Hole or Turneffe Excursion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Booch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Staying at Ramon's Village in late March. They offer 2 excursions: the Blue Hole or Turneffe. I hear that the best thing about the Blue Hole dive is that the post two dives are the main reason for doing the all day trip. I'm thinking the Turneffe Adventure may be a better experience. With that includes The Elbow! Like to have some thoughts on this all day boat trip.

You don't always get the Elbow with the Turneffe trip. Make sure. In any event, slightly less expensive excursion. I like the Blue Hole dive and most everyone I've ever done it with were well pleased themselves. You better Belize it! :wink:

I think you'll have fun either way you go, and if you choose to do only one then you'll have a reason to go back.

How often in life do you get to spend all day on a boat, hanging out with other like minded people maybe even from different parts of the world?

If it were me, I'd do the BH trip first. It's a unique dive that you'll either be happy or regret that you did, and you'll for sure enjoy the other two dives. The Elbow doesn't always deliver unless your name is Hank, you live on a nearby shrimp farm and you freedive it.

I agree with Downing... The BH is a fun dive, but the afternoon dives at Halfmoon Caye are superb.

The Elbow can be a great dive, and often is, but if the currents aren't favourable, you get a fast drift, with kinda crappy vis.

Either way, both areas are great and will blow the diving at Ambergris away. I'm 2 months away from my sixth consecutive year out that way and I have yet to find better over-all diving in the Caribbean!

Have you tried Glover's?
Regards
Ralph

I agree with Downing... The BH is a fun dive, but the afternoon dives at Halfmoon Caye are superb.

The Elbow can be a great dive, and often is, but if the currents aren't favourable, you get a fast drift, with kinda crappy vis.

Either way, both areas are great and will blow the diving at Ambergris away. I'm 2 months away from my sixth consecutive year out that way and I have yet to find better over-all diving in the Caribbean!

Looked at Glovers, but thought since we're taking our spouses (non Divers) they would like Ambergris Caye better.

I'd go on the BH trip again just to dive Half Moon Caye Wall. But I might sit out the BH dive. Awfully deep (>130 to actually see anything) and a bit boring....and full of divers who have no business doing that dive. It must terrify the DMs.

Hi Booch, Actually I was asking Stoo if he had dived Glovers and how he thinks they stack up against each other.
However, anyone taking non diver spouses to Belize would find that the non divers have a lot easier access to the many types of inland adventures if they dive from the south coast.
Regards
Ralph

Looked at Glovers, but thought since we're taking our spouses (non Divers) they would like Ambergris Caye better.

Well... Am not sure how much of these posts have helped determine which to do! Should just sell everything I own and move to Belize and try each of everything :)

Thanks for all the ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom