Blue Hole in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked to Stella. She said they are finishing up work this weekend and will be open every day after. Cool. Hope the vis is descent.
Jo

Thanks for the update scubajoh!

FD

A mini report:

Went out to Blue Hole today, took my daughter and met up with 8 other divers from Albuquerque and James from Amarillo!!! Got in the water about 9:30am or so for the first dive and the viz was AWESOME!!!! Haven't seen it that clear in many a moon!! The jumpers started showing up a bit before noon and the upper viz dropped a bit, but we had three great dives!! Hope it that good next week when I'm there with the class. but........ I know better!! More divers equal less viz.

There were several large holes where the Corp divers removed much/rock and dirt. Not sure exactly the plan, since the holes were not really logically situated, but then again, what do I know......

Good diving with you James! Those doubles were looking good on you!!

ABQdiver:
A mini report:

Went out to Blue Hole today, took my daughter and met up with 8 other divers from Albuquerque and James from Amarillo!!! Got in the water about 9:30am or so for the first dive and the viz was AWESOME!!!! Haven't seen it that clear in many a moon!! The jumpers started showing up a bit before noon and the upper viz dropped a bit, but we had three great dives!! Hope it that good next week when I'm there with the class. but........ I know better!! More divers equal less viz.

There were several large holes where the Corp divers removed much/rock and dirt. Not sure exactly the plan, since the holes were not really logically situated, but then again, what do I know......

Good diving with you James! Those doubles were looking good on you!!

I had a blast diving with you and thanks for the tips on the doubles. :)

I second the visibility on the first dive. It looked as if you were floating in air. You could easily see from one side of the hole to the other with no sediment to muck up the visibility. The visibility started getting worse as the jumpers arrived, but it still wasn't that bad towards the end of the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom