Blue Hole GHOST!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you're in Lithuania. Just glancing over the Wiki article to see how old your origins are, looks like a fascinating place - not a common tourist destination perhaps, but interesting still. It must be interesting too to be the surviving nation about the size of the Texas Panhandle after once being the biggest in Europe - but a lot of things change in over 800 years. Hmmm, our Amerindian nations could relate I suppose. Much of our history is difficult to justify. Tomorrow we celebrate a legend supposedly about European settlers and Amerindians living together while some native nations assemble in Plymouth MA in mourning.

Glad you like my ghost town pics. Funny that you can't see my public view album on FB, and I can't get your photo gallery open. Got to wonder if the CIA is blocking us somehow. :laughing:

If you ever get to Texas, I'd suggest touring the San Antonio-Austin area for our oldest visible history, some buildings built during the early conquests still surviving, then come on up to the Panhandle if you can. Our German student who lived with us last year is coming back with his family this summer for a visit and I suggested the same to them, but I think they're just going to visit us for a while - then skip over to California.

Well, Klaipeda was the one the most famous USSR resorts once. We still have many health resorts which popularity also runs back into Sovet times, all of these resorts are now privatized or nationalized all over the country. The sea-port of Klaipeda (my present whereabouts) is the one of the rare world sea-ports that never freezes up all year around. We are also proud to live nearby the "Curonian Spit" which forms the 98 km long peninsula that is the one of a kind in the entire world by its natural land formation. It gives us the unique opportunity to enjoy fantastic bay, sand beaches, abundance of amber, pine-tree forests, and grandoise nature. The "Curonian Spit" is the national park, sanctuary, and a public property which is well-protected by the local authorities of Russian and Lithuanian government.

Hey, I managed to open your facebook link. Not sure where was the problem though. Perhaps I tried it before you had updated your records in there or I was disconnected when I tried (autamtic sign off feature when idle for a certain number of minutes / hours). I also invited you to be friends in there.

Thank for letting me know that you are unable to open my photo album. Could you please, advise if it is the entire photo gallery link or just my photo album? I guess it's just the photo album that may be having "flash" trouble. I developed this site quite some time ago so the very very very latest Adobe flash players may be incompatible with the old version of the same plug in. Could you also do me a favor to help me check on this issue. If you are able to watch my webcam video found on my web-site without any problems then the point is not in flash. Should you fail to watch it then my web-site will tell you to download the Adobe Flash Player for the web browser you are using. Once it is done you will be able to open my photo album. Please, let me know how it works out at your end.

Yes, I simply adore Texas. I used to have a lot of friends from there. I was seriously planning to move to the Lone Star State once but it did not happen... If I ever come visit it I will make sure to cruise / tour every single place I possibly can.

If you are ever in Klaipeda you can count on me to show you around (we have many things to see except for diving :D) or consult on anything you may need in here at all.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lovely place. Yeah, I can get your webcam to work ok - a live city scene I think, and your videos play ok, and a few of your pics open, but when I get to this page with the 61 pic slide show - cannot get it to go, at least not on Firefox or Explorer. Ah ha! It works okay in Google Chrome. Of course, you'd like it to work on any browser.

Lovely pics! You still use steam locomotives huh? Wow, I have not seen one running in decades. I grew up on a farm at edge of a small railroad town where two rail lines used to cross and saw them a lot back in those days.

Sounds like a lovely place. Yeah, I can get your webcam to work ok - a live city scene I think, and your videos play ok, and a few of your pics open, but when I get to this page with the 61 pic slide show - cannot get it to go, at least not on Firefox or Explorer. Ah ha! It works okay in Google Chrome. Of course, you'd like it to work on any browser.

Lovely pics! You still use steam locomotives huh? Wow, I have not seen one running in decades. I grew up on a farm at edge of a small railroad town where two rail lines used to cross and saw them a lot back in those days.

Thanks for checking it out for me. I appreciate. Does my video play OK in the same Firefox and Explorer browsers? By the way which versions are they?(found in -help-about-). It sounds like your Google Chrome copy has the Adobe flash player plug in installed and all the other browsers you check it with do not. Every single browser you use has to have its own Adobe flash player installed. I have no problem playing my "61 pic slideshow" in every single browser I run on my machine (including Firefox and Explorer). You may want to update all your browsers one by one by installing the adobe flash player from here Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player Simply cick on the link, copy-paste it, or re-type it directly into the address bar. That should do the trick.

We do not use these steam locomotives any more of course. :D It's just a showpiece (exhibit) standing at our passeneger's railway station. Now our town has even developed a habit to have wedding ceremonies come photograph near this nice memorial of what it was like in the past...

You might as well want to take a look at our bottom exploring dive's pictures found right here. www.klaipedaville.com/ginduliai/ginduliai.php It was a test-dive to check if this lake could be suitable for "discover scuba diving" or OW courses. :) "Ginduliai" is the name of the place within the Klaipeda city limits I would say.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of our old "ghost" houses. The tower (tower.jpg) was evacuated because of the unsuitable technical conditions of the architectural structure. Nobody lives there for about 20 years now but the house is still standing there almost right in the middle of our town.

The second picture (warehouse.jpg) represents the old German warehouses' live samples that were used right before and during the World War II. They used to be used as warehouses as well after the war had finished but now they are simply locked, foresaken, and abandoned even though their location is also pretty much in the center of our town and I drive pass them now and then.

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 78
  • warehouse.jpg
    warehouse.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 78

Back
Top Bottom