Blue Hole Aug 18th~19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately no diving for me this weekend. :( I'm going to be out of town. I need to get into the water soon because I haven't been in the water since July 4 and my webbed feet are drying up. :)

amascuba:
Unfortunately no diving for me this weekend. :( I'm going to be out of town. I need to get into the water soon because I haven't been in the water since July 4 and my webbed feet are drying up. :)

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing you, and I'm sure you have SOME new toy!

Well, next time.

Hey all-

Lots of fun at the Hole this weekend.

I did about 7 dives in total, including my aow.

A1 was great.

Ron has the whitest fins ever. But you always know that it is him!

:)

BigBubbaJ:
Hey all-

Lots of fun at the Hole this weekend.

I did about 7 dives in total, including my aow.

A1 was great.

Ron has the whitest fins ever. But you always know that it is him!

:)

Glad to hear it. I am doing my Deep & Dry Suit certification with them Sept 15-16.

I should be diving Cenotes today, but someone named Dean cut our trip short :)

It was great meeting all the new folks diving with A1, and diving with you all. I really enjoyed the night dive as the vis at the bottom was soooo nice. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the vis on the bottom on Sunday morning... what did you all do? Thanks Pipe for not disappointing me? :mooner:

It was nice diving with Mel, Ken, Michelle and her hubby. Kevin and I had a nice longish dive on Sunday morning even if it was a bit sirred up. We grilled some burgers, and dogs, and it was a good morning. He taught me the proper technique for backing up. I can do it with my BioFins, but not using any traditional kick style. Now I have a new skill to practice as my backing up at best resulted in NOT going forward while kicking! :rofl3:

Camping worked out well, but made for a long weekend with the wicked storm we had Saturday afternoon, and having to go back after a night dive, and pull everything out of the car to dry. The Santa Rosa Lake State park has very nice campsites, with covered tables at most. The showers were hot, and there are more trees than one would expect that can provide some shade in addition to the covered table area. I'd camp again outside of the winter months. It is a bit less relaxing vs. just motoring over to a hotel, and hanging wet gear, plus one has to setup and tear down over what is already a long weekend with the diving, and driving.

I had a good time as always. See ya all next time around.

It never fails, we tell our AOW students to stay 10ft off the bottom and to stay in trim, but they try to dive to China. I saw those white fins, next time we will have to work out a signal to identify SB members.

RonFrank:
It was great meeting all the new folks diving with A1, and diving with you all. I really enjoyed the night dive as the vis at the bottom was soooo nice. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the vis on the bottom on Sunday morning... what did you all do? Thanks Pipe for not disappointing me? :mooner:

It was nice diving with Mel, Ken, Michelle and her hubby. Kevin and I had a nice longish dive on Sunday morning even if it was a bit sirred up. We grilled some burgers, and dogs, and it was a good morning. He taught me the proper technique for backing up. I can do it with my BioFins, but not using any traditional kick style. Now I have a new skill to practice as my backing up at best resulted in NOT going forward while kicking! :rofl3:

Camping worked out well, but made for a long weekend with the wicked storm we had Saturday afternoon, and having to go back after a night dive, and pull everything out of the car to dry. The Santa Rosa Lake State park has very nice campsites, with covered tables at most. The showers were hot, and there are more trees than one would expect that can provide some shade in addition to the covered table area. I'd camp again outside of the winter months. It is a bit less relaxing vs. just motoring over to a hotel, and hanging wet gear, plus one has to setup and tear down over what is already a long weekend with the diving, and driving.

I had a good time as always. See ya all next time around.

Nice to dive with you again! A pleasure as always!!

I've never camped in Santa Rosa. Just seems inconvienent for the one night to bring that much more stuff. Beside, I'm generally a lazy SOB and like my AC and heating......:shakehead: Glad you enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom