Blue hole and perch lake this weekend 5-3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red,

I think most of the business at the Blue Hole are classes coming down from other dive shops that take advantage of the site for training purposes. Hence not a big demand for local rentals, most rentals are from the dive shops giving the classes and brought down by the students.

Heck, I couldnt' find a battery for my computer when it went into low battery mode one time in Santa Rosa.

I think if the demand was there, someone would do it, but it just doesn't exist unfortunately.

Stella had some gear for rent, but I don't think she has room for that now. It was also mostlt crap, but it worked for the most part, except the 7mm suit I rented last summer that had a zipper that was all but useless. A lot of Stella's gear is in bad shape.

You could rent in ABQ, NM (2 hours from the Hole) but I'm not sure how much of a hassle that would be.

You may want to contact Kevin (ABQDiver) and see if he is planning on being down. If so, he maybe able to bring gear from his shop.

Unfortunately folks that dive BH come complete with gear, either rental from an LDS class, or they rent locally or own, and drive down with gear. This is a major reason Stella does not want to have a Full Service Dive shop. She thinks it is not needed. She maybe right.

Good Luck,
Ron

i found a guy here who is going to rent me the gear and then im going to ship it back to him. thanks for everyones help. are there any places to camp there?

also, it looks like i will not be getting there till suinday. will i sitll be able to get tanks and air or will she be closed?

also, it looks like i will not be getting there till suinday. will i sitll be able to get tanks and air or will she be closed?

Stella is generally at her fill station on Saturday, and Sunday. You should be able to get tanks tomorrow. If you want to dive Monday, you will need to get tanks from her for those dives as well, and work out how you will return them.

did i miss something?

You can camp at the park outside of town, or I think there is some camping in town. Personally I like the campground outside of town, but if you are just there one night camping in town maybe easier.

To get to the campground outside of town, you drive South or West (not sure) from the Truck Stop or from Blue Hole on the main drag to the Comment Diner (I believe). It should say Santa Rosa Camp Ground next right just before you get to it. Then follow the signs. If you have trouble ask Stella at BH. She can give you the street names and everything I'm sure! :D

Have Fun, and post a quick dive report!

i sure will thanks for your help. itll be fun to see how it all turns out. if anyone else heads out there and sees a big red head and a skinny blond guy as his buddy be sure to stop by and say hi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom