Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the trip up from Miami to do yesterday’s night dive. Very mild current and perhaps 25’ of visibility. Water seemed a bit brisk for mid-July, and both of my computers showed 78 degrees. It was a virtual octopus, frogfish, and crustacean circus on the west side, and I tripped my camera shutter nearly 200 times during my 150 minute dive. Only reason that I left the water is that the 10:00 PM witching hour was drawing near, so had to leave the park before the permit expired. It’s going to be seem like long two week wait for the next scheduled night access.

DSCN1196.jpgDSCN1201.jpgDSCN1203.jpgDSCN1208.jpgDSCN1207.jpgDSCN1211.jpgDSCN1210.jpgDSCN1214.jpgDSCN1217.jpgDSCN1213.jpgDSCN1220.jpgDSCN1221.jpgDSCN1224.jpgDSCN1222.jpgDSCN1228.jpgDSCN1236.jpg11745843_1011740048836872_4087907727815429940_n.jpgDSCN1237.jpgDSCN1204.jpg

Photos from Wed night. Dove with Jim, Carol, Will, and Ro. We ran into Mr Blue Heron Bridge Photography David Sanchez at Force E and he had a photo taken of all of us.

Attachments

• DSCN1209.jpg
    DSCN1209.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 273
I am guessing that the yellow ray is pregnant, I saw another pregnant yellow ray that night as well. Like to have seen the little rays pop out!!

Anybody else see this froggie? Shot him on Thursday. Looks like some trauma in the midsection
11751817_10152965110173531_3873620087759747089_n.jpg

Bridge was a stinkin' zoo this weekend. Best I could tell the critters were hiding.

I shot some video this past May at the Blue Heron Bridge .And have this short video if this little critter and can not find what it is . could someone help me out ? All so sorry for how much I am moving the camera thought I was a lot stabler than that . [video=youtube;PSPvGM6HMsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPvGM6HMsw[/video]

Just arriving at the bridge tomorrow (the 21st). I hope to meet up with some SB folks for Wed, thur and Fri dives. I drove down from NC and am looking forward to getting some shots with a new camera rig. Brought my old one just in case I don't get along with the new one.

Anyone diving Wed?

KRawlings,

Decorator crab. I think if you look in the Reef Creature ID book by Humann DeLoach it is also called a Neck Crab. commonly known at BHB as a decorator crab. Sometimes they have a lot of really colorful bits of sponge on them. I've watched them cut and place pieces of sponge on themselves. You would think it is haphazard, but seems very precise when they are "decorating"!

There is a envelope dispenser near the boat ramps where you grab an envelope and put the money inside. You write you car info on the outside and then drop it in a slot. I think you tear a tab off of it and put it on your windshield, I might be wrong.

I was surprised by the whole envelope thing, kind of on the honor system. I though that was long dead. There is a phone # you supposed to be able to call to pay for the parking over the phone but that # didn't work when I tried calling.

So I just necro'd this post about paying for parking to see if that is still the case. I drove down this weekend and by the time I got there, there wasn't anywhere to park so we didn't get a chance to dive. Does anyone about this? Or paying to park in general? I heard some rumors some of the shops were thinking of running shuttles..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom