Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 hrs before high tide? Yikes!!!!!
Nice photos blavelt. Never thought of using a jewelers loupe.. hmmm..

JimW, you ever try those diopters you got?

Guy, nice meeting you. Glad you found the frogfish. Next time please join us for lunch. We had a great time at PA BBQ. I usually have current intel. Just let me know when you are diving again.

Thanks Diva! By the time we geared off, returned the tanks, and bought a few things at Force-E over 45 mins had passed and we thought you would have been done. Will plan better the next time, as bbq or a brass ring burger would be a great post-dive treat. I'm looking and see high tide is 4:30 pm Friday. Might give that a try and work on Saturday instead. Your info was great and so was the dive. Several nice octopi, all the usual crustacean suspects, tropicals, lots of barracuda around, and a glimpse of a HUGE eagle ray. 40 viz at least. Great way to get back in action!

And, thanks to all other troll friends who sent me tips!!

3 hrs before high tide? Yikes!!!!!
Nice photos blavelt. Never thought of using a jewelers loupe.. hmmm..

JimW, you ever try those diopters you got?

Jenny, I did try'em once with inconclusive results on the old Oly. I haven't used it in several years, etc. I must try it again soon. Several weeks later, no corrosion on the metal frame of the +6 diopter, but; the screen of the Oly FE360 point and shoot was never the best and it's very hard to know what is in focus and especially so with the short depth of field of a diopter. My best guess is they would work fine for you and it is cheap to try'em!
IMG_0037.jpg
My sister Irma from Key Largo dove with us Monday and pointed this guy out. The arrows are usually down ln the sand, but this one was above me on an eastside wreck making shooting easier. So, how does one feed oneself using hedge clippers?

btw, this one was shot with my new cam--Canon G7x

Thanks Diva! By the time we geared off, returned the tanks, and bought a few things at Force-E over 45 mins had passed and we thought you would have been done. Will plan better the next time, as bbq or a brass ring burger would be a great post-dive treat. I'm looking and see high tide is 4:30 pm Friday. Might give that a try and work on Saturday instead. Your info was great and so was the dive. Several nice octopi, all the usual crustacean suspects, tropicals, lots of barracuda around, and a glimpse of a HUGE eagle ray. 40 viz at least. Great way to get back in action!

And, thanks to all other troll friends who sent me tips!!

Guy we will be there Friday. You know we always go eat after the dive! So see you in the parking lot at BHB and we will plan something. I have some fresh intel too! LOL

Big bridge news--yesterday a GoPro was lost, and get THIS; FOUND and RETURNED! The guy that lost it asked all over the beach area and another diver heard when he got out and returned it! On top of that, the temp--water temp was 86 and viz 25ft.

Here's our video from July 4th weekend. This was the first time using lights in the daytime......won't be the last!

[video=youtube;Y1j43mUNAYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1j43mUNAYA[/video]

Nice. Thanks for sharing

Here's our video from July 4th weekend. This was the first time using lights in the daytime......won't be the last!

[video=youtube;Y1j43mUNAYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1j43mUNAYA[/video]

What lights did you use?

Sink,one of your best videos! Really superb, especially the undulating snake eel. Keep the videos coming!

We saw some squid yesterday over under the east docks. Nice!

I think I saw ScubaJenny briefly as she headed into the bathroom, a belated Hello, Jenny!

86 degree water, viz about 20 ft. Night dives coming up the 14th and 15th. Contact Pura Vida or Force E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom