Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once found a live .223 round at BHB. Nail polish on the primer so obviously a discarded power head round.

Another time a basically brand new cheapo fishing pole.

And these pictures are where?.....

Just for you ...

How about some Atlantic Spacefish??
PICT0045a.jpg

Then, over on the northside ...
PICT0058a.jpgPICT0062a.jpg

Back into the dark, finally one halfway decent shot of a Planehead Filefish ...
PICT0075a1.jpg

Wasn't really gonna post these, but since you asked ...

:scubahelmet:

That's the last time I mention odd items I have found at BHB! haha

I found an alligator skull there one time.....

Wow, what an active last couple of days on this thread!!

my input as a former Beach Patrol (Volusia County) and current LEO.... The only law in Phil Foster is RBPD, PBSO, and FWC. I believe all of those
agencies can enforce the ordinances at the park. Riviera might not enforce the "no take" and "spear fishing" ordinances though. The problem with calling them about violations is that an officer may not be available in a timely manner, it's just a problem of manpower and budget. A full time
cop at the park is the best way to enforce the law, but someone has to pay for it.

Only a a park ranger or maybe a lifeguard would really have any teeth to try and enforce those rules. The only way to manage the amount of divers in the park is to do what most state parks do... Charge admission and deny entrance due to capacity. Do we want that? I'm not a fan of it. Remember even though we dive and talk a lot about the bridge, we are the minority visitors. Kids and families by far out number us.

it is illegal to "conduct business" without a permit in all state parks. Most county parks have similar ordinances but fall short of banning outside transaction that then lead to the park... Like dive shops hosting a class. It is considered a public park with uncontrolled access, you are allowed to bring groups in without a permit. Now, parking a van in the lot with gear and a sign that says "SCUBA LESSONS" is illegal without a permit. Its just like any of the county parks on the beach.

I would like to see more signs with clearly marked ordinances. Put them on the bridge spans so we can point to them. Put one at the entrance to the park.

Its ta going to be real difficult to enforce any type of etiquette rules without a park entrance fee. And a LEO can only enforce or stop what is illegal. Stirring up sand with a big class is not illegal and will most likely never result in police intervention.

Wow, what an active last couple of days on this thread!!

my input as a former Beach Patrol (Volusia County) and current LEO.... The only law in Phil Foster is RBPD, PBSO, and FWC. I believe all of those
agencies can enforce the ordinances at the park. Riviera might not enforce the "no take" and "spear fishing" ordinances though. The problem with calling them about violations is that an officer may not be available in a timely manner, it's just a problem of manpower and budget. A full time
cop at the park is the best way to enforce the law, but someone has to pay for it.

Only a a park ranger or maybe a lifeguard would really have any teeth to try and enforce those rules. The only way to manage the amount of divers in the park is to do what most state parks do... Charge admission and deny entrance due to capacity. Do we want that? I'm not a fan of it. Remember even though we dive and talk a lot about the bridge, we are the minority visitors. Kids and families by far out number us.

it is illegal to "conduct business" without a permit in all state parks. Most county parks have similar ordinances but fall short of banning outside transaction that then lead to the park... Like dive shops hosting a class. It is considered a public park with uncontrolled access, you are allowed to bring groups in without a permit. Now, parking a van in the lot with gear and a sign that says "SCUBA LESSONS" is illegal without a permit. Its just like any of the county parks on the beach.

I would like to see more signs with clearly marked ordinances. Put them on the bridge spans so we can point to them. Put one at the entrance to the park.

Its ta going to be real difficult to enforce any type of etiquette rules without a park entrance fee. And a LEO can only enforce or stop what is illegal. Stirring up sand with a big class is not illegal and will most likely never result in police intervention.

Can you clarify how or why a government agency's collecting of additional taxes (user fees) will enhance the public's etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom